Post Title: Field Officer
Organization: Welthungerhilfe (WHH)
Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Duration: 3 months with 2 months of probation
Closing Date: 19.01.2020
Welthungerhilfe (WHH) is a private, non-profit-making, politically independent and non-denominational relief organization, which supports people living in deprivation and poverty, irrespective of the color of their skin, their religious beliefs or their worldview.
Responsibilities of the Field Officer:
As part of the project team, the field officer will have to fulfil following tasks and
- Conduct various assessments among the Syrian refugee community in Turkey, for example, needs assessments
- Collect data among the Syrian refugee community in Turkey, for example, individual house visits, focus group discussion, stakeholder consultations, and questionnaires
- Support the staff when being in the field and contacting Syrian stakeholders with translation
- Support the staff when documents needs to be translated
- Prepare weekly and monthly report
- Ensuring effective coordination among supportive departments (logistic, finance, HR, MEAL, and safety & security).
- Following up on the administrative issues related to project implementation including but not limited to archiving, preparing and following up purchase requests and payments with finance and procurement departments.
- Communication with the field team to ensure commitment to the work plans and keep tracking the numbers of distributed items.
- Assisting the line manager in collecting the needed information, if any, for reporting
- Working closely with the nutrition trainer while planning, implementing and supervising the project activities.
- Performing any other tasks upon request by the line manager
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or Nutrition related degree is preferable
- Working experience: At least 1 year of working experience, preferably in a non-profit organization, or otherwise in a humanitarian setting
- Good Computer Skills
- Experience organize trainings
- Experience in conducting interviews/assessments
- Knowledge of common computer programs, particularly MS Excel and MS Word
- Knowledge of database applications is an advantage;
- Prepare weekly work plan and organize his/her schedule in order to complete task in an appropriate manner.
- Personality requirements Ability to integrate in a multicultural team, confident and self-assured personality, Proven good interpersonal and communication skills; Flexibility, tolerance, and capacity to work in a team, must be able and willing to interact with refugee communities in a friendly and open manner, good attention to detail, willing and able to work outside the office for a large part of the working time
- Language Skills: Fluency in English and Turkish , Arabic is strong advantageous.
Whilst employed by Welthungerhilfe, the field officer is obliged to maintain the confidentiality of all information obtained in the course of work.
The applicants should submit a letter of motivation and CV in English to gelbasla.com by 19.01.2020 at the latest. CV should include information about education, qualifications, professional experience and professional references.
Subject: Job Announcement - Field Officer / SYR1052 - GZT
A cover letter must include salary expectations.
Welthungerhilfe reserves the right to fill in the position before the deadline due to urgency.