Finance and Admin Officer (Ref: MINFAOFF23)
|Minerva İş Dünyası ve İnsan Hakları Derneği||İstanbul|
|Administrative and Finance Assistance||Sivil Toplum|
|İngilizce (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate),İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced),Türkçe (C2, Level 6, Advanced)|
Who We Are?
Minerva BHR is a non-governmental organization located in Istanbul, which brings together a number of highly qualified and experienced experts, distinguished lawyers and academicians in the field of business and human rights and complementary areas. As a pioneer on this field in Turkey, Minerva BHR aims to become an NGO that contributes to promoting responsible business conduct, combatting against modern slavery and advocating for corporate responsibility to respect human rights throughout their operations. Minerva BHR’s main objective, in the light of UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights, is to prevent, mitigate or remedy human rights violations arising from business operations, especially those within global supply chains. To this end, Minerva BHR aims to keep an arms’ length distance to all stakeholders in order to develop and implement viable, feasible and practical solutions that benefit the society while facilitating a dialogue between all public, private and civil actors with the mission of improving lives of people while eradicating exploitation as well as human rights abuses linked to business activities.
With a particular focus on modern slavery, child labour, diversity, equity and inclusion, forced labour and human trafficking, youth employment, access to remediation, occupational health and safety, migrant workers, climate change and clean environment, union rights at work, COVID-19 impact, conflict affected and high risk areas, technology and living wage workers; Minerva BHR contributes to the arena by engaging in capacity building, human rights due diligence, as well as awareness raising to close regulatory gap and human rights trainings.
Role and Responsibilities
- Support the Management in preparation and implementation of Minerva’s financial regulations and procedures.
- Ensure that the project expenditures are realized in accordance with the approved project budget and in compliance with the Minerva’s financial rules and regulations.
- Undertake all financial transactions, monitor expenditures and ensure the execution of all payments which involve interpretation and application of Minerva’s administrative and financial regulations and procedures.
- Provide assistance to HR operations (including but not limited to the following tasks: publish and remove job ads, schedule job interviews and contact candidates, prepare reports and presentations on HR-related metrics, create and follow-up employee and consultant time-sheets, develop training and onboarding materials, respond to employees’ and consultants’ questions about leaves etc.)
- Prepare the financial reports of the project and where appropriate consolidate expenditure forecasts based on approved allocations for all sources of funds and propose necessary changes in budget allocations.
- Maintain financial records of allocations, expenditure control data and reconciliation statements of expenditures.
- Flag the project management about the project expenditures and commitments if there is any irregularity or necessity for new request of payment from the donor.
- Ensure that the procurement and contract management of the project are conducted in compliance with both the project contract and its annexes and the Minerva’s relevant rules and regulations. Monitor all contracts administered by the project in accordance with Minerva policies, rules, and instructions.
- Liaise with vendors and relevant departments of stakeholders to ensure that Minerva procedures are followed in procurement processes.
- Maintain regular files and data on the project expenditures.
- Conduct research and analyse data and information on a variety of operational related subjects. Prepare analytical reports to contribute to programme/project monitoring and provide inputs to reports and other communications.
- Supervise financial and administrative arrangements and procurement for official meetings, conferences, seminars, workshops, training sessions and other activities under the project.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Management.
Education: Undergraduate degree in economics, finance, business administration, public administration, social sciences or related fields.
- Two to three years of professional experience on finance, procurement and administration of donor-funded projects.
- Experience in managing finance, procurement and HR (admin) of donor-funded projects.
- Basic knowledge of labour legislation
Organizational skills: Good verbal and written communication skills
Languages: Excellent command of English and Turkish both oral and written.
To apply for this position, send us a letter of maximum one page focusing on your motivation for wanting to join Minerva BHR and an up-to-date CV.
Submit your application to: email@example.com with “Application – FA Officer” in the subject of line of your mail.
Minerva İş Dünyası ve İnsan Hakları Derneği
Minerva'nın ana misyonu, Birleşmiş Milletler İş Dünyası ve İnsan Hakları Rehber İlkeleri ışığında, sorumlu işletme davranışını teşvik etme ve tedarik zincirlerindeki modern kölelikle mücadele etmektir. Minerva, insan haklarına saygı gösterilmesine ilişkin şirket sorumluluğunun oluşturulmasını savunmaktadır. Bu amaçla, uluslararası en iyi uygulamalardan edindiği yerel bilgi birikimini kullanarak tüm kamu, özel ve sivil aktörler arasında bir diyalog kurarken; uygulanabilir, elverişli ve pratik çözümler geliştirmek ve uygulamak için tüm paydaşlarla birlikte çalışmayı amaçlamaktadır.