Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Finance and Administration Officer who is responsible to carry financial and administration tasks to respond to the needs of program and technical departments, and to support field offices finance and administration teams while building their capacity.
About the Job
This role has a country focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the country. The role contributes to the development of country strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to country operations while overseeing country activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with preparation of the budget.
- Implement financial SOPs, policies and procedures.
- Establish, maintain and reconcile the general ledger
- Prepare and reconcile bank statements.
- Ensure data and transactions are properly recorded and entered into accounting systems.
- Prepare Income statements and balance sheets as needed.
- Assist with annual audit.
- Maintain financial files and records.
- Maintain contract follow up on a monthly basis, and make sure all contracts are renewed, closed, or paid on time.
- Filing, scanning, and sending monthly financial documents to country office.
- Correctly use DRC Dynamics functionalities in area of concern
- Establish and maintain cash controls.
- Monitor cash reserves and investments.
- Prepare monthly cash requests and prepare weekly cash reports.
- Carry out cash and bank transactions for field offices.
- Cash Book registry update on a daily basis, and cash count on a weekly, and monthly basis with the Area Manager or the project manager
General Admin and HR
- Follow up on workers’ contracts, payments according to attendance, and any other related admin tasks.
- Provide technical support for field finance and administration staff.
- Assist logistics in preparing monthly asset list.
- Carry out daily HR tasks like leave tracking, follow-up on time sheets
- Provide support to HR team in Area and CO for recruitments
To be successful in this role we expect you to have University degree in Business Administration, Finance or similar - or equivalent professional qualification
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- At least 2 years of work experience including minimum 1 year with an international NGO in similar role.
- Computer proficiency highly desirable, particularly the use of MS Excel.
- Advanced English proficiency.
- Fluency in local language: Turkish or Arabic
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 4 Months
Employment Band: H - Non-manager
Designation of Duty Station: Kahramanmaraş Office
Start date: 01.09.2019
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Nationals; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies. For questions regarding the vacancy please contact us,
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 14.08.2019
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.