Shafak was officially established in 10-10-2013 (registration no. 27-016-129). It was founded during the early months of the Syrian Crisis in 2011. At its core, Shafak is a grassroots NGO that was formed by Syrians for Syrians, with the intent of addressing the needs of their life with dignity, equality and humanity with a focus on sustainability and autonomy.
Shafak is an impartial, independent, non-profit NGO that exists for the express purpose of providing humanitarian services to vulnerable people regardless of political or religious affiliations and on the long run to contribute to recover and rebuilding the society on freedom, justice and equality basis.
The aim of this position is to support the Finance Administration work, regarding to Scanning and Archiving all supporting documents in additional to participate in data entry activities, collecting of documents and preparation of Cash and bank Remittance Lists in additional to supporting in all budget activities and reporting and auditing aspects.
Reports to; (Finance Officer)
Supervision responsibility: (N/A)
Budget responsibility: (N/A)
- Scanning and Archiving all supporting Documents related to Projects, Grants, Expenses, payments and all related supporting document as assigned by higher Manager.
- Review all the documents and invoices related to petty cash expenses.
- When required support in data entry of the expenses of projects and uploading their supporting documents on QuickBooks Accounting system.
- Collect the documents in hard copies for the Bank and Cash Remittance lists and prepare the related excel files in additional to scan and archive them in the related folders.
- Supporting Finance members to facilitate their tasks and simplify the procedures of monthly closing as stated by the Head of general Accounting Department at Finance Administration.
- Supporting Finance team during Audit missions for projects and SHAFAK Independent External Audit.
- Support on the process of preparing the monthly financial reports for ongoing projects, as assigned by the Head of general Accounting Department at Finance Administration.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned by the Line Manager or the Head of general Accounting Department at Finance Administration. ,
- Demonstrate adherence to SHAFAK’s following policies:
- Child Safeguarding Policy: Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to Shafak, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. Shafak Is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
- Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy: Shafak expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. Shafak employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside Shafak.
- Notice: We will discuss these policies during interview, so if you are asked to interview please download and read them beforehand:
Required Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
- University degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) in accounting, business administration or finance.
- At least 1 year of experience in similar field.
- A desire to learn and work in a challenging but rewarding environment
- Ability to work under pressure alone and as part of a team
- A strong sense of integrity, and responsibility.
- Attention to detail.
- Good working knowledge of Excel
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Previous Knowledge on QuickBooks Accounting Software is a plus.
HOW TO APPLY:
Closing Date: 14-Oct-2019
only shortlisted candidates will be contacted