Vacancy Notice Number:
Ankara – Turkey
6 months Special Short Term Graded Contract (G4)– with possible extension
Deadline of Applications:
24 June 2021
Number of People to be hired
Internal & External Candidates
Under the overall supervision of Sr Resource Management Officer and direct supervision of the National Finance Officer in Ankara, Turkey, the incumbent will be responsible for providing finance support services to the mission’s activities.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and ensure all supporting documentation and signatures are obtained before finalizing vouchers; verify invoices and ascertain that the equipment, supplies or services they refer to were duly received or provided before proceeding with payment request.
- Handle the petty cash account and execute cash payments in both local (TRY) and foreign (USD) currencies. Maintain sufficient level of cash at all times and prepare the cash certificate on a daily basis.
- Proper recording/filing of hard copy of financial documents.
- Review and verify financial transactions (i.e. expense claims, payment requests) of projects. Verify invoices and ascertain that the goods/services they refer to were duly received/ provided before proceeding with payments.
- Review accounting transaction reports (i.e. vouchers) for payments made through the bank (i.e. bank transfers, cheques). Ensure that supporting documents, signatures and other requirements are complete. Assist in issuance of receipts, liaising with vendors and debtors regarding payment instructions, and maintenance of orderly filing of accounting documentation.
- Perform related financial functions in the absence of colleagues.
- Assist in performing cash disbursement to refugees in coordination with Operations unit
- Assist National Finance Officer with Monthly Financial Report for budget monitoring purpose, financial reporting to donor.
- Undertake duty travel to sub offices if necessary.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Completed High school degree from an accredited academic institution with 4 years of relevant professional experience or bachelor’s degree preferably in Accounting or Commerce from an accredited academic institution with 2 years of relevant professional experience.
- Knowledge in financial and cash handling task.
- Familiar with excel spreadsheets, work processing and other computer tools.
- Possess strong organizational and communication skills; detail oriented, committed, efficient and flexible.
- Fluency in English and Turkish is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity:
Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
- Integrity and transparency:
Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
• Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
• Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
• Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems and remains calm in stressful situations.
• Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
• Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
• Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a "hands-on" approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
• Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
- Delivering Results:
•Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
• Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
• Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
- Managing and sharing knowledge:
• Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
•Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
• Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
• Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
- Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Turkey will be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sok. No:24 06610, Çankaya, Ankara Turkey by the end of 24 June 2021.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.