|Vacancy Notice Number:||VN#TR/2018/198|
|Position Title:||Finance Assistant|
|Duty Station:||Ankara – Turkey|
|Classification:||6 months Special Short Term Graded Contract (G4) – with possible extension|
|Deadline of Applications:||22 November 2018|
|Eligibility:||Internal and External Candidates|
Under the overall supervision of Sr Resource Management Officer and direct supervision of the National Finance Officer in Ankara, Turkey the incumbent will be responsible for providing finance support services to the mission’s activities.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Review all supporting documentation and signatures are obtained before finalizing vouchers; verify invoices and as certain that the equipment, supplies or services they refer to were duly received or provided before proceeding with payment request.
2. Responsible for the petty cash account and execute cash payments in both local (TRY) and foreign (USD) currencies. Maintain sufficient level of cash at all times and prepare the cash certificate on a daily basis.
3. Proper recording/filing of hard copy of financial documents.
4. Review and verify financial transactions (i.e. expense claims, payment requests) of projects. Verify invoices and ascertain that the goods/services they refer to were duly received/ provided before proceeding with payments.
5. Review accounting transaction reports (i.e. vouchers) for payments made through the bank (i.e. bank transfers, cheques). Ensure that supporting documents, signatures and other requirements are complete. Assist in issuance of receipts, liaising with vendors and debtors regarding payment instructions, and maintenance of orderly filing of accounting documentation.
6. Perform related financial functions in the absence of colleagues.
7. Assist in performing cash disbursement to refugees in coordination with Operations unit
8. Assist National Finance Officer with Monthly Financial Report for budget monitoring purpose, financial reporting to donor.
9. Undertake duty travel to sub offices if necessary.
10. Perform other related duties as maybe assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Secondary Education preferably in Accounting or Commerce
- Minimum 4 years of experience if completed High School and minimum 2 years of experience if completed Secondary Education.
- Knowledge in financial and cash handling task.
- Familiar with excel spreadsheets, word processing and other computer tools.
- Possess strong organizational and communication skills; detail oriented, committed, efficient and flexible.
- Fluency in Turkish & English is required.
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism
- Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies
- Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs
- Monitors own work to correct errors
- Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings
- Identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients
- Identifies and monitors changes in the needs of clients, including donors, governments, and project beneficiaries
- Contributes to colleagues' learning
- Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
- Demonstrates interest in acquiring skills relevant to other functional areas
- Keeps abreast of developments in own professional area
- Actively shares relevant information
- Clearly communicates, and listens to feedback on, changing priorities and procedures
- Writes clearly and effectively, adapting wording and style to the intended audience
- Listens effectively and communicates clearly,adapting delivery to the Audience
Creativity and Initiative
- Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems
Leadership and Negotiation
- Convinces others to share resources
- Presents goals as shared interests
- Provides constructive feedback to colleagues
- Provides fair, accurate, timely, and constructive staff evaluations
- Uses staff evaluations appropriately in recruitment and other relevant HR Procedures
Planning and Organizing
- Sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others
- Identifies priority activities and assignments for self and others
- Organizes and documents work to allow for planned and unplanned handovers
- Identifies risks and makes contingency plans
- Masters subject matter related to responsibilities
- Identifies issues, opportunities, and risks central to responsibilities
- Incorporates gender-related needs,perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation
- Persistent, calm, and polite in the face of challenges and stress
- Treats all colleagues with respect and dignity
- Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts
- Knowledgeable about and promotes IOM core mandate and migration solutions
- Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment
- Contributes to, and follows team objectives
- Gives credit where credit is due
- Seeks input and feedback from others
- Delegates tasks and responsibilities as appropriate
- Actively supports and implements final group decisions
- Takes joint responsibility for team's work
- Learns about developments in available technology
- Proactively identifies and advocates for cost-efficient technology solutions
- Understands applicability and limitation of technology and seeks to apply it to appropriate work
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency orvisa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Turkey will be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number and the city applied for in the subject line of the e-mail to email@example.com orto IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sok. No:24 06610, Çankaya, Ankara Turkey by the end of 22 November 2018.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.
- On-Call Trainer/Interpreter
- Project Assistant
- National Programme Officer (Immigration and Border Management (IBM))-re-advertised
- National Programme Officer (Immigration and Border Management (IBM))
- Senior Data Quality Control Assistant
- Data Processing Assistant
- Senior MEAL Assistant
- Senior Project Data Assistant (M and E)
- Warehouse Assistant
- HR Assistant (re-advertised)