Vacancy Notice Number:
6 Months Special Short Term Contract (G4) –with possible extension
Deadline of Applications:
29 March 2019
Number of People to be hired
Internal and External Candidates
Under the overall guidance of the Resource Management Officer, overall supervision of the National Finance Officer, and the direct supervision of the Senior Finance Assistant in Gaziantep, the incumbent will be responsible in providing travel administration, finance and treasury support services in the sub-office and related sub-offices in the region, ensuring adherence to relevant IOM financial and travel policies.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review Travel Authorizations (TAs) submitted to RMU for completeness of information and ensuring pre-departure supporting documents are in place and logging the TA on the TA Register.
- Verify the project code indicated on the TAs for appropriateness and budget availability.
- Review submitted Travel Expense Claims (TECs) for completeness of supporting documents and calculate amount due to the staff members in accordance with relevant IOM travel policies and office instructions, particularly ensuring correct Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) rates and exchange rates are applied.
- Resolve TEC complexities by referring to policies and/or seeking policy guidance from CAS-Travel Claims.
- Encode in PRISM accounting system duly approved Travel Expense Claims, ensuring that the correct project codes are used.
- Prepare Bank Order / Transfer or support entering payable in Prism HR module to execute payments for duly approved TECs.
- Verify Request for Payment, Receipt and Non-Cash (RfP), ensuring propriety, accuracy and completeness of supporting documents and adherence to IOM procurement and financial rules and procedures; follow-up with respective staff members in case of incomplete or inaccurate supporting documents.
- Enter transactions into PRISM, ensuring proper utilization of general ledger (GL) codes and budget lines while observing proper allocation of costs.
- Review staff vendor accounts and vendor balances for long-outstanding balances, aiming to clear or obtain pertinent justification. Administer Office Phone Billing module in IOM Turkey portal, ensuring staff members identify private phone calls and pay to IOM.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Cash and Bank
- Perform the duties of Treasury, safekeeping funds and ensuring proper use of the fund.
- Prepare Office Funding Request, forecasting as accurate as possible the funding needs of the sub-office and related sub-offices.
- Execute cash disbursements and cash receipts for all duly approved Petty Cash Claim and/or Request for Payment (RfP) and maintain the Cashbooks in PRISM accounting system, recording all transactions on timely basis and performing periodic reconciliation of balances with cash on hand.
- Execute Bank Order for all duly approved RfPs, to all vendors and staff, ensuring that signed official invoices receipts, bank receipts and other supporting documentation are attached to all payment requests and maintain related Bank General Ledger Accounts, recording all transactions on timely basis and performing periodic reconciliation of balances with bank accounts.
- Generate Cash Journals, Cash Certificates, Bank Reconciliation Report and online Bank Statements for transmittal to Resource Management Unit (RMU) in Ankara at the close of each month.
- University degree in Business Administration, Management, Finance, Accounting, or related field from an accredited academic institution, with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- Completed High school degree from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in accounting, finance, banking and treasury;
- Experience in providing program and administrative support.
- Fluency in English and Turkish is required.
- Knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity:
Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
• Encourages the inclusion of all team members and stakeholders while demonstrating the ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations.
• Promotes the benefits of diversity; values diverse points of view and demonstrate this in daily work and decision making.
• Challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance in the workplace.
- Integrity and transparency:
Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
• Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
• Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
• Maintains impartiality and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behaviour.
• Does not abuse one’s position and acts without consideration of personal gain. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
• Seeks to raise professional standards in self and others through daily work and activities.
• Adapts quickly to change and is decisive and versatile in face of uncertainty.
• Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems and remains calm in stressful situations.
• Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
• Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
• Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a "hands-on" approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
• Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
- Delivering Results:
•Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
• Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
• Manages time and resources efficiently, monitoring progress and making adjustments as necessary.
• Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
- Managing and sharing knowledge:
•Keeps abreast of new developments in own field of competence and creates opportunities for knowledge management initiatives.
• Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
• Puts new learning into practice and draws on diverse sources of ideas and inspiration.
• Contributes to the identification of improvements to work processes and assists in implementing them.
•Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
• Takes ownership of all responsibilities within own role and honours commitments to others and to the Organization.
• Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
• Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
•Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
• Adapts communication to the recipient’s needs, asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
• Encourages others to share their views, using active listening to demonstrate openness and to build understanding of different perspectives.
• Listens carefully and genuinely to the views and positions of others; acts on received information.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Turkey will be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail to provided in the apply/başvur button or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sok. No:24 06610, Çankaya, Ankara Turkey by the end of 29 March 2019.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.