Post Title: Finance Assistant
Organization: Welthungerhilfe (WHH)
Location: Mardin, Turkey
Duration: Contract until 31 December 2020(2 months probation)
Application closing Date: 24/01/2020
Welthungerhilfe is a private, non-profit-making, politically independent and non-denominational organization that supports people living in deprivation and poverty, irrespective of the color of their skin, their religious beliefs or their worldview. WHH is working in the fields of development cooperation and humanitarian aid, relief aid, rehabilitation and reconstruction.
Reporting to the Head of Finance and receiving work assignments from the Expert(s) Financial Administration and Finance Officer(s), the Finance Assistant is responsible for the following tasks:
- Routinely work with and be responsible for the original payment and related supporting documents entrusted to him/her: collect, check for compliance, process and file according to instructions, maintain confidentiality about content of the documents
- Assist in other aspects of financial administration
- Provide necessary data to monitor the cash-flow situation and plan the project’s/programmer’s annual/monthly finances
- Assist in monitoring expenditures/costs with regard to the budget
- Prepare the necessary documentation for banking transactions
- Assist in preparing and controlling vouchers of the project/programme
- Bill private telephone, vehicle use etc.
- Provide necessary documents and reports for internal control
- Scan Vouchers for all projects and be responsible for filing electronic scan files and the overall organization and maintenance of the scan archive
- Support the preparation of monthly accounting reports and accounting files for projects assigned by Head of Finance
- Accounting in WHH accounting system for project(s) assigned by Head of Finance. Check and control of payment requests for specific project(s) assigned by Head of Finance
- Periodically support Finance Department with the verification of financial reports and statements, preparing for internal and external audits, field trips and partner visits, and substituting other staff in the Finance Department during their absence. The list of tasks and a reasonable schedule will be determined by the Head of Finance
- Fulfillment of any other tasks assigned by the management that correspond in general with the nature of this position
- Conduct monthly visits to partner organizations, check the quality of their documents, support the partners in preparing monthly financial reports
Finance Assistant will, at all times, comply with the rules, procedures, and guidelines of Welthungerhilfe and Turkish accounting standards in his/her work
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or Economics, or a relevant vocational training
- Work Experience: 1 to 2 years professional experience in a similar position, preferably in a non-profit organization
- Skills/knowledge: Knowledge of MS Excel and experience in using accounting software
- Language Skills: English (written & spoken) and good Turkish
The applicants should submit a letter of motivation and CV in English to gelbasla.com by 24.01.2020 at the latest. CV should include information about education, qualifications, professional experience and professional references.
Subject line should read: Job Application – Finance Assistant (TUR 1002)
CV must include information about education, professional experience and contact details (name, email, phone number) of three professional references, i.e. people closely familiar with the applicant’s character and qualifications and who can speak about them at length. Persons identified as references must have been interacting with the applicant on a regular basis for at least 6 months. Specifically, one of the three references must be a direct line manager/supervisor at a previous or current job, who was/is directly involved in the daily work of the applicant. Another one of the three references must be a focal person in an HR department, in the place of past employment, who is currently employed in the same company/organization. The third reference must not come from a friend or relative. WHH may request that a reference from an HR department is provided in a written form.
A cover letter must include salary expectations, inform about the applicant’s citizenship, and indicate a date when the applicant is available to start working at WHH.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Welthungerhilfe reserves the right to fill in the position before the deadline due to urgency.