Finance & Legal Assistant
|Orange - Turuncu Eğitim Derneği||Gaziantep|
|İngilizce (B1, Level 3, Pre-Intermediate ),Arapça (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate),Türkçe (C2, Level 6, Advanced)|
General Description of the Organization:
Orange is a non-governmental civil society organization devoted to alleviating the suffering and improving the sustainability mechanisms of conflict affected population.
Orange partners directly with affected Syrian populations delivering humanitarian and development programmes, Livelihood, Education, and Protection, to enable them to improve their living practices and their sustainability mechanisms.
Orange also collaborates with national and international non-governmental organizations, local initiatives responding to the humanitarian Syrian crisis with capacity development programmes, to be better equipped with the skills they need to prepare and respond to affected population’s needs and to ensure that these communities where we work in are ready for any future disasters.
The Finance & Legal Assistance is mainly responsible for Relations with financial advisor and Association office.
- Being as focal point with the legal accountant.
- Preparing notice to the bank to take bank statements to be clarified.
- Clarifying the received instalments.
- Preparing the “Activity report” (i.e faaliyet sonuç raporu).
- Tracking all the booklets and Decision book.
- Tracking the fees, and if possible, prevent them.
- Make sure, all received bills inside are according to the Turkish law and that they can be taxed.
- Delivering all the bills received in Turkey to the legal accountant.
- Being willing to provide any support regarding the law’s updates.
- Preparing notice to the bank to pay tax.
- Preparing notice to the bank for withdrawal if needed.
- Translating due payments or review them.
- Translating grants to Turkish as required and needed.
- Support the HR team regarding the employees issue or registrations.
- Support regarding QuickBooks entry.
- Support regarding collecting reports documentation(i.e., DRC, Manahel etc.).
- Preparing Admin allocation documentation.
- Being willing to any support required by the team.
- Cash handling and management, perform book keeping for every cash transaction in their proper tools (Cash & Bank books) along with examining all relevant documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Responsible for Cash and Bank monthly reconciliations.
- Receiving and reviewing of all transactions documents that are presented to finance for processing.
- Ensuring that all documents are well supported as per Orange policies and donor rules.
- Implement Internal Controls as provided by the Orange policies and donor rules and regulations.
- Receive all payment requests submitted to finance.
- Registers all documents received in the appropriate register.
- Check all documents presented to finance department for completeness by ensuring that the supporting documentation is accurate, mathematically correct, fully coded with appropriate project and account codes, translated in English, approved by the appropriate person.
- Check all documents related to program and travel advances ensuring they are adequately supported and approved.
- Keep records for all advances and payments.
- Ensure compliance of all financial procedures with Orange and donors guidelines and provide support to the logistic, administration and programme department in terms of donor requirements.
- Prepare Financial reports for donors.
- Perform any other tasks requested by the supervisor in the field of work.
- Making sure all the printed monthly reports are collected, and put in a folder that labeled by ( code/ Donor/month/year)
- Making sure that bank book folder has ( reconciliation, Log. Cash advance “5017” ) scanned and kept safely in the same
- manners of mentioned labeling policy.
- Scanning of cash book and archiving it as mentioned.
- Archiving of all the legal folder with highly attention in means of keeping it safe and privet.
- Regularly checking the archive room to check if there is any gaps in regard of safety.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or related field
- Good experience in Finance field in NGOs.
- Technical experience in excel, word, and outlook.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages, databases.
- Knowledge about the standards principles of accounting
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft packages, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- A flexible approach to work and willingness to take on extra duties.
- Trustworthy and honest
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Diplomacy and negotiation skill.
- Ability to work with team
- High communications skills and deep knowledge of the Syria context.
- Good in English and Arabic, Turkish will be an asset.
Orange’s Values and Principles
We believe that:
Maintaining a positive, healthy, and trusting relationship is central to making partnership a success.
Appropriately trained and resourced staff and volunteers are key to effective and efficient service and program delivery in the development sector.
We are committed to:
Shared responsibility, accountability, and decision-making in any partnership.
Providing access to high quality learning to empower people and professionals in the development sector, particularly in the developing world.
Learning from each other to strengthen and enhance the long-term sustainability of our services and programs for the benefit of children and communities that we serve
How to apply
• Kindly submit your application through this link: https://apps.orange.ngo/jobs/apply/be15d582-de15-4965-b8bf-c975353522f3
• Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not have heard from us within two weeks after the application deadline, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.
•The position is to be filled ASAP.
• Women are highly encouraged to apply for this position.
Orange - Turuncu Eğitim Derneği
Orange also collaborates with national and international non-governmental organizations, local initiatives responding to the humanitarian Syrian crisis in both Turkey and Syria with capacity development programmes, to be better equipped with the skills they need to prepare and respond to affected population’s needs and to ensure that these communities where we work in are ready for any future disasters.