General Description of the Programme:
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organisation has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and has been contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalised migrants in southern Turkey.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
GOAL has been working in North Aleppo Governate since 2019, through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, as well as emergency support for recently displaced household.
GOAL has two projects (ECHO funded LINK and PRM funded GREEN) in Turkey, LINK program targets refugees from nomadic / semi-nomadic backgrounds and those engaged in seasonal agricultural labor. LINK has been designed to address and mitigate protection concerns of the vulnerable / marginalized refugees through provision of critical information and raising their awareness on their rights, obligations and services available in Turkey, by sensitization/advocacy (targeting key stakeholders and service providers, etc.) activities, and Individual Protection Assistance (IPA) services to enable highly vulnerable refugees to access to basic, social and protective services available under the provisions of Temporary and International Protection regulations in Turkey. On the other hand, Green program aims to improve socioeconomic inclusion, resilience and self-sufficiency of highly vulnerable/excluded women and girls from host and refugee communities (Syrians as well as those living in program locations under the international protection regulation) including nomadic communities and seasonal agriculture workers from both communities through integrated and market driven livelihood opportunities and protection services, including language courses and vocational skills training on greenhouse production and agriculture; case management (CM)/coaching services, establishment of a women cooperative, protection outreach, information provision and awareness raising; and provision of special needs and individual protection assistance services.
Finance Manager (Accounting and Operational) is a key member of the finance department, and, as such, supports all aspects of financial management, working collaboratively internally with entire finance, program and operations teams, to ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures as well as donor regulations. S/he works under the direction of the Assistant Finance Controller (AFC) and assist in general accounting, financial management and compliance functions, while working collaboratively with all field teams.
- Review submitted payment requests to ensure the payment packages are complete and in compliance with donors as well as internal rules and regulations.
- Oversee payment process to ensure it is done on agreed upon schedule and on a timely fashion.
- Ensure all payments are recorded daily and posted weekly.
- Review & reconcile physical cash to the cash book on a weekly basis
- Oversee/lead periodic bank account reconciliation process
- Ensures that all bank account signatories list is up to date and proactively share bank mandates are up to date
- Review field transactions on a weekly basis and post if they are well justified and adequately substantiated. Provide the comments to the field finance team on the transactions that have been inadequately documents to require corrections.
- Prepare the monthly amortization journals and submit to AFC for the review and posting.
- Review the monthly outstanding advances and perform aging analysis to ensure that all outstanding advances are settled and cleared on time
- Support AFC in clearing intercompany accounts including recharges from HQ and other Field offices.
- In coordination with GOAL Programme and Logistics/Procurement staff, prepare annual and grant end accrual journal.
- Work with program and logistics colleagues to ensure all supporting documents for Donation-In-Kind are timely submitted and recorded in financial system.
- Assist AFC with the Month /Year end closing process and submit accounting reports to HQ Headquarters, general ledger files, HQ package and other financial information
- Lead the preparation of the balance sheet accounts reconciliation on a monthly basis and advice for any corrections or alignment when need be.
- Maintain filing, scanning and archiving system for all financial records, ensure that financial records filled as per GOAL procedures.
- Work closely with operations, procurement before the grants closure period is coming to an end, ensure that all the required closeout procedures are met.
- Work closely with the program team in ensuring all the required documentations are in place before the closure of the grants.
- Setup and maintain Finance account coding in accounting as well as procurement system. Ensure all excel bank and cashbooks have the up-to-date coding.
- Support AFC on responding HQ, Management and Donor queries on timely fashion. Provide all the required analysis and documents during internal/external/donor audit periods.
- Support the development of templates, SOPs, propose improved policies and efficient financial management.
- Assist Finance Director on special projects requiring financial analysis.
- Any other task that might be reasonably assigned by the supervisor.
- Ensure adherence to internationally recognized protection principles, standards, and relevant international and local regulations.
- Ensure adherence with GOAL’s code of conducts and other internal policies i.e., on confidentiality, safeguarding, equality, diversity, and inclusion including the GOAL's commitments to the protection from sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
- Participate in one-to-one performance development reviews/appraisals and contribute to the identification of own development needs.
- Ensure full compliance with the GOAL’s health and safety policy and all locally agreed safe methods of work.
- As this job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are assigned by the regional Finance Director that are broadly in line with the above key duties.
- A BA/S or equivalent in accounting or finance required; advanced degree preferred.
- At least 5 years of progressive financial management experience, and minimum 3 years of managerial Experience in similar level position required, preferably in large scale, complex programs
- At Least 3 years of Experience in grants management and understanding of OFDA, EC, ECHO, FCDO and other major donor regulations.
- Strong accounting skills and experience, including management of the general ledger, journal entries, payroll, payables and balance sheet is required.
- Experience with online-based accounting/financial management systems, experience strongly preferred.
- Highly developed time management and prioritization skills and ability to meet multiple deadlines in high paced, fluid environment
- High attention to detail and ability to maintain quality work under any circumstance
- Excellent oral and written English skills required, Turkish or Arabic desirable.
- Ability to work effectively with an ethnically diverse team in a sensitive environment
Interested? Then apply for this position via clicking on the "apply now" button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application deadline is 17 July 2022.
“Please note that GOAL does not charge a fee of any kind or any other financial obligation at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, induction) or other fees, or request information on applicants’ bank accounts. GOAL does not work with intermediary institutions and individuals or employment agencies during the recruitment process. If any fee or payment is requested from you at the application or any stage of the recruitment process, please do not respond.”
GOAL’ün, işe alım sürecinin (başvuru, başvuruların işlenmesi, mülakat, eğitim, oryantasyon) hiç bir aşamasında hiç bir şekilde ücret talep etmediğini, başvuru sahibine herhangi bir finansal yükümlülük yüklemediğini ya da başvuru sahibine ait banka bilgilerini talep etmediğini unutmayınız. GOAL işe alım süreci boyunca hiç bir aracı kurum ya da kuruluş yahut istihdam bürosuyla çalışmamaktadır. Eğer başvuru sırasında ya da işe alım sürecinin herhangi bir aşamasında sizden herhangi bir ücret ya da ödeme talep edilirse lütfen yanıt vermeyiniz.
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households. GOAL worked in Turkey in 2015-2016 to respond to the Health needs of Syrians in Turkey and will resume programming in Turkey in 2018 with a focus on Protection needs.