Dünya Doktorları Dernegi (DDD)/Mececins du Monde Turkey (MDM-T) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Since 2015, DDD implements programs in both Turkey and Syria providing refugee and IDP communities with free access to healthcare services. DDD works with a range of humanitarian professionals and technical experts to provide Primary Healthcare (PHC), Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS)services as well as sexual and reproductive health (SRH).
Since the beginning of the Syria and Iraqi crises, Turkey has become host to over 3 million refugees, migrants and asylum seekers which led to an increasing demand for health services. In this context, DDD’s intervention aims to assist local public health systems in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul. In Syria, DDD runs health facilities in Idlib and Afrin provinces to deliver health-related services to IDPs.
Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in Antakya, the Finance Manager is technically under the Finance Coordinator and directly responsible to Field Coordinator.
- Financial management
- Training, capacity building and supervision
- Partnerships management
- Communication, reporting and capitalisation
- Other related tasks
- Liaise with program field for reception of validated accountancy,
- Updates monthly Budget Follow-up:
- Integrates validated accountancy and updates commitments,
- Ensure respective Field Coordinators end their field teams understand the BFU tool, and how to update it, provide guidance when needed
- Ensure accuracy of the forecasts received from the different bases.
- Support in preparation of external or internal audit.
- Ensure internal financial procedures, systems, policies and controls are applied and complied with throughout the operations by all staff.
- Participate to the improvement and development of financial tools currently in use in the mission.
- Supervise of safe movements in SAGA and update of compliant supporting documents, send the archives to HQ
- Elaborate monthly cash requests with the team for the program and support services; and communicate to the Finance coordinator
- Ensure cash security rules for the mission are implemented and procedures and tools are being used for cash flow management (safe, cash box, advances);
- Ensure the transfer of funding.
Training, capacity building and supervision
- Supervise the finance assistant
- Carrying out a competence assessment of the finance assistant as well as a training plan.
- Designing training curricula based on the competences assessment.
- Providing day to day support. She/he will be particularly careful regarding the good understanding as well as the quality of financial tools (SAGA software, accounting system, invoices translations, partners reports, etc), the respect of procedures, reporting and team management.
- Monitoring the skills / competences acquisition process through regular formal appraisal.
- Participate in development of partnership financial tools and guidelines.
- Accompany field bases in financial partnership management (checking of financial report, feedbacks, budget management)
- Monthly meetings with partners, follow-up and financial support when needed
Communication, Reporting and Capitalisation
- Work in collaboration with the field teams and coordination
- Participates to the weekly team meeting
- Participates in Coordination meetings
- Provide regular reporting on Finance Manager activities to the Line-Manager, upon his/her solicitation;
- Provide a mission report and/or handover document at the end of contract;
Other tasks related to the position
- Participates in the team meeting
- Assist in any other tasks related to the position, as required by DDD Management.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
Education & Qualification
- University degree in financing, accountancy, or other relevant field
- Experience of 2 years minimum in a similar position
- Excellent computer skills
- Knowledge of Saga is an asset
- Good reporting skills
Skills and qualities required
- Familiar with international NGO culture or multicultural environment;
- Proactive, adaptable and capacity to take initiatives;
- Ability to work independently, take the initiative and take responsibility
- Resilience to stress;
- Diplomacy and open-mindedness;
- Good analytical skills;
- Organisation and ability to manage priorities;
- Proactive approach to identifying solutions;
- Required: Fluency in English.
- Desirable: Arabic or Turkish would be an asset.
General Qualities required:
- Flexibility and capacity of adapt to complex and changing contexts;
- Ability to work in an international context and collaborate with international and national experts;
- Familiar with multicultural environment;
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to apply:
- Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website.
- The deadline for submitting the applications is 13.10.2019.
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
DDD in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running a project aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Psycho Social Support for the refugees and migrants in Turkey.
- DEPUTY LOGISTIC COORDINATOR - ANTAKYA
- MEDICAL REFERENT - İZMİR
- FIELD OFFICER - ANTAKYA/AFRİN
- MIDWIFE - TURKEY/AFRİN
- CASE MANAGER-JINDIRES/AFRIN
- COMMUNITY HEALTH WORKER-JINDIRES/AFRIN
- LABORATORY TECHNICIAN - JINDIRES
- PSYCHOTHERAPIST - AFRIN
- MHPSS SUPERVISOR - AFRIN
- WAREHOUSE ASSISTANT - AFRIN
- WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR - AFRIN
- FINANCE COORDINATOR SYRIA
- PROJECT HEALTH PROMOTER - BAĞCILAR
- PROJECT DRIVER - BAĞCILAR
- CASE MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT - BAĞCILAR
- CASE MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT - SULTANGAZİ
- PROJECT TRANSLATOR-BAĞCILAR
- RECEPTIONIST - İSTANBUL
- MHPSS OFFICER - İSTANBUL
- PHC DOCTOR - IDLIB
- PHC DOCTOR TEAM LEADER - IDLIB
- ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT-IDLIB
- MIDWIFE ASSISTANT - JINDIRES
- MIDWIFE - JINDIRES
- CLEANER - JINDIRES
- PSYCHOLOGIST - IDLIB