Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Finance Officer – Compliance.
About the Job
Overall purpose of this role is that fulfil daily accounting tasks and assist in coordinating financial functions and services. Producing relevant financial previsions and reports on a regular basis
This role has a country focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the country. The role contributes to the development of country strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to country operations while overseeing country activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Transfers and Payments
- Ensure all payments are made timely and in accordance with existing DRC forms
- Ensure all payments meet requirements of National Law and engage with authorities, tax advisors or other stakeholders to ensure tax requirements are met accordingly
- Ensure that payment documents comply with DRC internal financial procedures and donor regulations
- Ensure all expenses enter the DRC Dynamics in time and of highest quality
- Ensure to update cashbooks on a daily basis to reflect the actual status of existing cash count and bank balance in all currencies
- Ensure all bank accounts statements are reconciled
- Ensure proper filing system for financial documents
- Ensure accounts payable and account receivables are reconciled on a monthly basis
- Ensure DRC’s partners’ reportings are in line with DRC and local regulations
Budget Control, Planning and Reporting
- Prepare and assist in issuing donor reports
- Support the development of new proposals with financial information for budgeting
- Bi Weekly Cash Book
- Monthly stock update
- Monthly financial report (with all supporting documentation attached to it)
- Reporting as required
- Correctly use DRC Dynamics functionalities in area of concern
- Develop and ensure the implementation of shared cost tools (when required)
- Liaise with Program Managers on regular budget monitoring (when required)
- Prepare and use budget control tools for regular budget follow up (when required)
- Ensure that monthly Accountant visit is properly facilitated and all relevant information are provided for taxes/social security calculations and legal book keeping
- Ensure that Accountants prepare legal books on monthly basis in accordance with Legal requirements and books are printed on quarterly basis
- Coordinates the daily activities of small teams, often comprised of subordinates and/or employees carrying out similar tasks
- Does not have direct line management responsibility for staff, but may contribute to recruitment and/or performance appraisal of members of the team
- Implements the manager’s decisions through the work of subordinate employees, often playing a role in deciding how to do it; and how to achieve the objective set by the manager.
To be successful in this role, you must have relevant university degree in Finance/Accounting or Business Administration or equivalent professional qualification.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant work experience in financial/accounting field
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- Basic proficiency in PowerPoint and Word
- Advanced English proficiency
- Fluency in local language
- Experience in working in NGOs
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 12 Months
Employment Band: H
Designation of Duty Station: Hatay Country Office
Start date: 02.11.2020
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Nationals.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 28.10.2020
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
• Professionalism, impact & expertise
• Humanitarian approach & the work we do
• Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
• Culture, values & strong leadership
• Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/about-us/job-and-career/support-for-job-seekers