Position: Finance Officer
Reports to: Senior Finance Officer
Duration: 4 Months
About RI: Relief International specializes in relief and development programs that benefit people in acute distress. A registered non-profit in the US, UK, France and Belgium, our work targets those fragile countries or communities that suffer from recurrent man-made or natural crises that impede human development. The people that we serve live in seventeen countries across the Middle East, Africa, and Asia where the debilitating effects of political instability, forced displacement, and natural disasters are pervasive. Often, RI is the only organization providing healthcare, education, logistics, energy, capacity building, economic development, sanitation, and many other forms of assistance to these highly vulnerable communities.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Finance Officer, the primary responsibility of the Finance Officer is to ensure overall accurate pre-revision process with a special focus on compliance with the Donors regulations.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversight of compliance procedures and accountability:
- Ensure project allocations are accurate
- Maintain a computerized and up-to-date filing system of the project
- Ensuring safety and security of financial documents
- Closely cooperate with Program and HR departments on payments to Health Facilities and Sub-offices inside Syria
- Cooperate with Program and HR departments on payment data and document submission
- Review and verify Program and HR data and documents, add finance data, collect required signatures for finance approval.
- Assist SFO in preparing and reviewing of accruals and monthly closing.
- Do the bookkeeping for Syria books.
- Follow up Health Facilities consumption tables from Operations department and programs, review and confirm the accuracy of these documents
- Vetting and monitoring for Syria Response programs
- Assist SFO/DFM in checking and preparing Turkey based payments.
- Assist DFM regarding audits for Syria Response Programs
- Assist SFO in management and following up of Finance Monitors inside Syria.
- Filing and scanning Syria response documents
- Do vetting for Syria Response Programs expenses.
- Update the authorization matrix on a regular basis.
- Managing banks relations and following up with bank transfers and payments.
- Do any additional task related to Syria Response Programs assigned by SFO and DFM
Qualifications & Requirements:
1. Formal Education: Educated to Bachelor’s level in related field such as Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or other educational background combined with relevant professional experience.
2. Essential Skills:
· Fluent in English
· Dual nationality (Syrian/Turkish) highly preferable
· Previous experience in an international NGO
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office package, especially in Excel
· Strong communication, interpersonal
3. Personal Skills:
· Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
· Ability to work in a dynamic environment and to multi-task to meet deadlines
· Promotes team work, contributes towards building team consensus and acts as a team player
· Consistently approach work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
· Demonstrate ability to identify problems.
RI encourages candidates to apply as early as possible because the shortlisting will be done on rolling basis, such that, the position might be filled before deadline for application
- We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and operational independence.
- We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
- We value
- Transparency and accountability
- Agility and innovation
All Relief International members (staff, volunteers and interns) are committed to the RI policies such as, RI Code of Conduct, Child Protection Policy, Reporting Conflict of Interest, Reporting Misconduct, Reporting Sexual Exploitation and Abuse. All new comers are expected to adhere to all these policies.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with position.
How to Apply:
In case you meet the requirements and that you are interested in the position,please send your CV in English in addition to three professional references to provided in the apply/başvur button before October 11, 2019 stating in the subject “Finance Officer“All candidates must be eligible to work in Turkey"
Please note that the position may be filled before the deadline of submission of the applications