Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwhile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe!
We are one of the largest and most respected private organisations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. As a politically and confessionally independent organisation, our value-oriented actions are always based on ethical principles. Our vision is clear: "Zero Hunger by 2030" - If you want to become part of our global mission to end hunger in Turkey, Syria and Lebanon, we look forward to receiving your application as: Finance Officer in Gaziantep
The position is to be filled by June 1, 2021, with a contract duration until end of the project. Employment location will be Gaziantep, Turkey. The position is paid according to [[paygrade]].
Welthungerhilfe is a private, non-profit-making, politically independent and non-denominational organization that supports people living in deprivation and poverty, irrespective of the color of their skin, their religious beliefs or their worldview. WHH is working in the fields of development cooperation and humanitarian aid, relief aid, rehabilitation and reconstruction.
WHH receives funds from its donors for its projects. Whenever necessary funds are provided the duration of the announced post may be extended, if enough fund cannot be found, the activities will stop completely or partially before the envisaged date and the employment contract shall be terminated.
The objective of finance officer is to support in partner monitoring and review process
- Provide day to day support to the Expert Finance Administrator according to tasks assigned him/her
- Monitor sub-recipient’s financial reporting and cash projections, provide with the analytical review of the burn rates as linked with the project implementation by the partner agency under the supervision of the project managers.
- Monitor Partners financial reporting and cash projections, provide with the analysis of the burn rates as linked with the project implementation by the partner organization under the supervision of the Finance Expert
- Monitor Cash on hand for Partners and reconcile the data as per their books vs WHH records
- Posting All partners financial reports on the accounting system
- Voucher quality control and preparing voucher supporting documentation
- Performing regular visits to the partners organizations for checking the original documents and monitoring cash payment, cash count and any other tasks assigned to him by his management.
- Replace Cashier in his/her absence
- Provide necessary documents and reports for internal controlling
- Support Finance Department in financial administration, including but not limited to verification of financial reports and statements, preparing for internal and external audits, capacity building of partner organizations, substituting other staff in the Finance Department during the absence
- Fulfillment of any other tasks which are assigned by the management and correspond in general with the character of this position
In addition to the above, the Finance Officer may be asked to carry out other duties as requested by the Expert(s) Financial Administration.
- Education: A university or polytechnic degree or relevant training (e.g. in accounting or controlling)
- Work Experience: Several years of professional experience in the administration of co-financed projects for international (aid) organizations
- skills Coordination and organizational skills, even under high workload
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to travel
- Social Skills; Excellent communication and intercultural
- Language Skills: An excellent knowledge of English and a good knowledge of Turkish; Arabic language skills are an asset
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. This includes flexible working hours as well as working from home. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits.
.Please send your application via our online recruiting system by May 20, 2021. Your contact person is Elif Topal.
WHH TURKEY JOB CANDIDATE PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice was drafted by Deutsche Welthungerhilfe e.V. Turkey Representation Office (“WHH Turkey”) as data controller in accordance with Article 10 of the Turkish Law No 6698 on the Protection of Personal Data (“Law”) and the Communiqué on the Principles and Procedures in Conforming with the Obligation to Inform.
On the legal bases referred to in Article 5, “the processing activity is necessary for establishment, use or protection of a right” and “the processing is necessary for the conclusion or fulfilment of a contract”, WHH Turkey shall process your name-surname, e-mail address, mobile phone no, references and CV/résumé personal data for carrying out selection and placement processes for job candidates, and transfer them to third party suppliers through your applications to published WHH Turkey job ads via employment agencies or sending your CV/résumé to WHH Turkey directly by wholly or partly automatic means. Additionally, WHH Turkey is going to get in touch with your references assuming that all obligatory information is given, and consents are obtained by your side about sharing their personal data with WHH Turkey.
You may submit your requests to WHH Turkey under Article 11 of the Law concerning the rights of the data subject in accordance with the Communiqué on the Procedures and Principles of Application to a Data Controller.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.