Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Finance Officer.
About the Job
Overall purpose of the role is to be responsible to carry financial tasks to respond to the needs of program and technical departments, and to support field offices finance and administration teams while building their capacity.
This role has a base focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the country. The role contributes to the development of country strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to area operations while overseeing area activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with preparation of the budget.
- Implement financial SOPs, policies and procedures.
- Establish, maintain and reconcile the general ledger
- Prepare and reconcile bank statements.
- Ensure data and transactions are properly recorded and entered into accounting systems.
- Prepare Income statements and balance sheets as needed.
- Assist with annual audit.
- Maintain financial files and records.
- Maintain contract follow up on a monthly basis, and make sure all contracts are renewed, closed, or paid on time.
- Filing, scanning, and sending monthly financial documents to country office.
- Correctly use DRC Dynamics functionalities in area of concern
- Establish and maintain cash controls.
- Monitor cash reserves and investments.
- Prepare monthly cash requests and prepare weekly cash reports.
- Carry out cash and bank transactions for field offices.
- Cash Book registry update on a daily basis, and cash count on a weekly, and monthly basis with the Area Manager or the project manager.
- Assist with collecting, reviewing, correcting and filing all financial progress reports from the partners
- Support financial report preparations
- Submit progress and status reports.
To be successful in this role, you must have a university degree in Business Administration, Finance or similar - or equivalent professional qualification.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Minimum 2 years of work experience including minimum 1 year with an international NGO in similar role
- Computer proficiency highly desirable, particularly the use of MS Excel
- Advanced English proficiency
- Fluency in local language: Turkish or Arabic
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 12 Months
Employment Band: H
Designation of Duty Station: Şanlıurfa Office
Start date: 02.08.2021
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Nationals.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 23.06.2021
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride
ourselves on our:
• Professionalism, impact & expertise
• Humanitarian approach & the work we do
• Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
• Culture, values & strong leadership
• Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends
on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation
DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/about-us/job-and-career/support-for-job-seekers.