Position: Finance Officer
Duty station: Gaziantep
Line Manager: Head of Accounting Unit
GENERAL POST DESCRIPTION
Is responsible for the management of Syrian and Turkey accountancy, Pincluding approval and any necessary changes that may be needed over the course. He is an officer-level employee responsible for posting the cash register and invoices, posting project costs and participating
the regular accounting closure.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Registration and posting of cash transactions and invoices into the accounting and archiving systems.
- Handling USD and TRY Cashbox.
- Process payments (Bank, PTT, Cash)
- Prepare reconciliations for bank accounts and Cashboxes
- Control and post payrolls and monthly tax reports (SGK, Withholding and Stamp tax reports)
- Prepare weekly and monthly payment plans in coordination with PROGs and LOGs
- Submit needed notifications to Gaziantep Governorate when receive fund or process payments
- Prepare necessary data and supporting documentation for government and donors audits.
- Ensure quality of financial documentation in line with PIN procedures.
- Prepare financial reports for projects, including supporting documentation.
- Support to project staff in Gaziantep and field offices in Syria with financial-related tasks.
- Support Finance Manager and Head of Accounting Unit with other ad-hoc financial tasks.
- Lunch workflows in ELO.
- Rent list posting in Navi.
- Assist with other financial reports as required.
- Other tasks assigned by employee’s Line Manager corresponding to actual needs of the mission, programs, and projects.
- Substitute relevant colleagues (fully or partially) during their absence when assigned by employee’s Line Manager.
- Understand and adhere to the mission’s National Staff Handbook, PIN Code of Conduct, PIN Key Policies and relevant guidelines.
- University degree in Finance, Business Management, Economics and other closely relevant field.
- Relevant professional experience of not less than 2 years.
- Familiarity/prior experience with Humanitarian/NGO sector would be an advantage.
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills.
- Strong sense of transparency and accountability.
- Flexibility to prioritize and manage different tasks duly and effectively.
- Fluency in written and verbal English and Turkish is required. Arabic is advantage.
- Computer/IT literacy (Particularly Microsoft Office programs).