Finance Officer (Ref: Finance Officer)
Position: Finance Officer
Location: Gaziantep/ Turkey
Reports to: Deputy Finance Manager
Duration: 5 Months
About RI: Relief International specializes in relief and development programs that benefit people in acute distress. A registered non-profit in the US, UK, France, and Belgium, our work targets those fragile countries or communities that suffer from recurrent man-made or natural crises that impede human development. The people that we serve live in seventeen countries across the Middle East, Africa, and Asia where the debilitating effects of political instability, forced displacement, and natural disasters are pervasive. Often, RI is the only organization providing healthcare, education, logistics, energy, capacity building, economic development, sanitation, and many other forms of assistance to these highly vulnerable communities.
Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Finance Manager and the technical supervision of the Finance Manager, the primary responsibility of the Project Finance Officer is to ensure an overall accurate pre-revision process with a special focus on compliance with the Donors' regulations.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversight of compliance procedures and accountability:
- Ensure project allocations are accurate
- Maintain a computerized and up-to-date filing system for the project
- Ensure safety and security of financial documents
- Closely cooperate with Program and HR departments on payments to Health Facilities and mission Sub-offices.
- Cooperate with Program and HR departments on payment data and documents submitted.
- Review and verify Program and HR data and documents, add finance data, and collect required signatures for finance approval.
- Follow up on the partners’ monthly financial reports, review of transactions, and support documents.
- Feed the platforms used to track field payments with the monthly payment data.
- Assist DFM in preparing and reviewing accruals and monthly closing of books.
- Do the project bookkeeping.
- Follow up on Health Facilities consumption tables from the Operations department and programs, review and confirm the accuracy of these documents
- Assist the Treasury Team/DFM in checking and preparing bank payments
- Assist DFM during audit missions.
- Assist FM in project financial reporting and donor advances management.
- Filing and scanning documents
- Any additional tasks assigned by FM and DFM.
Qualifications & Requirements:
1. Formal Education: Educated to Bachelor’s level in a related field such as Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or other educational background combined with relevant professional experience.
· Fluent in Arabic and English
· Previous experience in an international NGO
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office package, especially in Excel
· Strong communication, interpersonal
· Ability to work under pressure, independently, and with limited supervision.
· Ability to work in a dynamic environment and to multi-task to meet deadlines
· Promotes teamwork, contributes towards building team consensus and acts as a team player
· Consistently approach work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
· Demonstrate ability to identify problems.
RI encourages candidates to apply as early as possible because the shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis, such that, the position might be filled before the deadline for application.
• Uphold and promote RI’s commitment to ensuring the safeguarding and safety of the vulnerable communities we serve.
• Consistent with RI’s safeguarding and protection policies, ensure all people who come into contact with Relief International are as safe as possible.
• We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and operational independence.
• We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
• We value
Transparency and accountability
Agility and innovation
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with position
Relief International is committed to protecting our staff and the communities we work with from abuse and harm including sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and sexual harassment.
All staff are expected to abide by our Code of Conduct.
RI Has a zero-tolerance policy towards any behavior that violates its code of conduct, including sexual harassment, exploitation, abuse, as well as lack of integrity, corruption, and fraud. RI also adheres to strict safeguarding principles.
How to apply
In case you meet the requirements and that you are interested in the position, please send your CV in English in addition to three professional references to provided in the apply/başvur button before February 27, 2023, stating in the subject “Finance Officer“ All candidates must be eligible to work in Turkey"
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Please note that the position may be filled before the deadline for submission of the applications.