TERMS OF REFERENCE
Title : Finance Officer
Department : Finance
Location : Gaziantep, Türkiye
Reporting to : Senior Finance Officer (SFO)
Direct reports : N/A
Budget responsibility: N/A
ABOUT Relief International.
Relief International (RI) is a leading nonprofit organization working in 16 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
RI includes the four corporate members of the RI Alliance: RI-US, RI-UK, MRCA/RI-France and RI-Europe. Under our alliance agreement, we operate as a single, shared management structure.
RI is active in 16 countries around the world, including some of the most fragile: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Myanmar, Pakistan, Philippines, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Turkey, and Yemen. Often, RI is the only organization providing assistance to highly vulnerable communities.
RI employs 7,000+ staff and auxiliary workers
97% of staff are local nationals
We only have some 90 ex-pat staff out of 7,000+
RI spent $150 million in 2019 on our programs
Often, RI is the only organization providing assistance to highly vulnerable communities.
RI invests in four broad program sectors: Economic Opportunity, Education, Health, and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene. We design our programs to incorporate The RI Way: local participation, integrated programming, the development of civic skills, and complementary partnerships including with local NGOs, governments, and the private sector. RI supports solutions that reinforce and improve upon existing in-country systems. Where such systems do not exist or are chronically underperforming, RI’s crisis response lays the foundation for long-term, sustainable change.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Finance Officer, the primary responsibility of the Finance Officer is to manage financial review cycles for RI’s local implementing partners with a special focus on compliance with the Donors regulations and RI’s partnership management guideline.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Oversight of compliance procedures and accountability:
• Ensure proper compliance principles are followed
• Ensure project allocations are accurate
2. Maintain a computerized and up-to-date filing system of the project, keep Partners’ status reports updated all the time.
3. Ensuring safety and security of financial documents
4. Closely cooperate with Program department on financial issues of Partners.
• Cooperate with Program department on payment data and document submission
5. Review and verify Partner data and documents
• Review Partner Financial Reports and documents, ensure that they are in align with donor regulations as well as local regulations, prepare and follow up issue reports
• Request any additional information or documents from Partners in required, keeping Programs informed
• Make regular visits to Partners’ offices, observe regular finance functioning
6. Acquire financial reports and supporting documents from Partners and prepare Journal Vouchers and Payment Vouchers required for Senior Finance Officer/Finance Manager to review and approval.
7. Do any additional task related to Partners assigned by SFO and FM.
8. Assist SFO and FM regarding audits related to projects that includes usage of Partners
9. Give the cash manager information regarding to expense projection for implementing partners.
10. Makes recommendations related to work procedures and implementation of management systems.
11. As this is an Emergency Response programme, at times there will be the requirement to work additional hours and perform other tasks not detailed in this job description.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Professional background: Minimum 2 years of relevant experience.
- Formal Education: Educated to bachelor’s level in related field such as Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or other educational background combined with relevant professional experience.
- Essential Skills:
- Fluent in English and Turkish
- Previous experience in an international NGO
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office package, especially Excel and Word
- Strong communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Ability to analyze problems and provide systematic solutions in line with established policies / procedures.
- This position might require in-country visits to implementing partners’ offices, mainly in Adana, Mersin, Hatay, Kilis, and Gaziantep. The number of implementing numbers and the locations might change in time.
- Desired Skills:
- Previous experience in audit will be an asset.
- Personal Qualities:
- Excellent Monitoring, Reporting, Presentation, Facilitation and Communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and to multi-task to meet deadlines.
- Promotes teamwork, contributes towards building team consensus and acts as a team player.
- Consistently approach work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Demonstrate ability to identify problems.
Guided by the humanitarian principles of humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and independence, as well as “Do No Harm,” Relief International Values:
How to Apply.
- In case you meet the requirements and that you are interested in the position, please send your CV and Cover Letter in English in addition to three professional references to provided in firstname.lastname@example.org before March 19, 2023, stating in the subject " Finance Officer "
Note: Relief International is an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination on any basis. We actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have sustained global impact.
We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
If needed, Relief International will submit a work permit application on behalf of the selected candidate after the job offer is accepted - Failure to provide the required documents or rejection of a work permit application by the Government of Türkiye will result in the employment offer being rescinded
Due to limited resources, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
RI TÜRKİYE CANDIDATE PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice was drafted by Relief International Türkiye (“RI Türkiye”) as a data controller in accordance with Article 10 of the Turkish Law No 6698 on the Protection of Personal Data (“Law”) and the Communiqué on the Principles and Procedures in Conforming with the Obligation to Inform.
On the legal bases referred to in Article 5/f processing of data is necessary for the legitimate interests pursued by the data controller, provided that this processing shall not violate the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject." RI Türkiye shall process your name-surname, e-mail address, mobile phone, references, and CV/resume personal data for carrying out selection and placement processes for job candidates, and transfer them to third party suppliers through your applications to published RI Türkiye job ads via employment agencies or sending your CV/resume to RI Türkiye directly by wholly or partly automatic means. Additionally, RI Türkiye is going to get in touch with your references assuming that all obligatory information is given, and consents are obtained by your side about sharing their personal data with RI Türkiye.
You may submit your requests to RI Türkiye under Article 11 of the Law concerning the rights of the data subject in accordance with the Communique on the Procedures and Principles of Application to a Data Controller.
For more information please click here.
Relief International is committed to protecting our staff and the communities we work with from abuse and harm including sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and sexual harassment.
All staff are expected to abide by our Code of Conduct.
Recruitment to all roles in Relief International include a criminal records self-declaration, references and other pre-employment checks, which may include police and qualifications checks.