Job Title: Finance and Admin Officer
MAYA VAKFI is seeking a highlymotivated individual to join our team as a Finance and Admin Officer atour Main Office.
Project Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Project Duration: 9 months
About Maya Vakfı
Maya Vakfıis a non-profit organization that offers mental health and psycho-socialsupport (MHPSS) to refugee and host community children who have experiencedtraumatic life events, including challenging socio-economic conditions,domestic abuse, immigration due to war, and/or losing loved ones to violence.Maya Vakfı provides trauma rehabilitation activities for children in the BalatField Office through creative workshops which give opportunities for thesechildren to express themselves through art, music, dance and movementactivities to help them cope with their trauma and aid with their recovery. In addition, Maya also placesgreat importance on integrating Psychosocial Support techniques into theeducation system through its TraumaInformed Schools Program. Strengthening the knowledge and know-how of civil servants and the civilsociety sector is enhanced through CapacityBuilding Initiatives and finally, through its Volunteer Program Maya provides training, support and mentoring tovolunteers on Psychosocial Support, trauma rehabilitation and child protection.
· Provide overall support andassistance to the Finance Coordinator in managing and running all finance andadministration related activities for Maya Vakfi
· Overall responsibility inensuring donor financial regulations are met, reporting obligations arecompleted on time, and financial documentation is in order.
· Ensuring all payments relatedto projects are done in a timely manner and according to established budgetprojects
· Managing petty cash andensuring accurate and efficient cash management
· Assisting withadministration/HR related issues are dealt with in a professional manner
· Act as a focal point withdonor and partner finance focal points
Qualifications, Experience andAttributes
· Undergraduate universitydegree in Business, Economics, Accounting or related fields
· At least 3 years of experiencein a similar role with at least 1-2 years’ experience working withinternational and national NGOs in Turkey
· Experience with draftingfinancial reports, budget management and cash-flow management
· Knowledge on maintainingaccurate balance sheets, income statements and other financialstatements/reports
· Knowledge of accountingprocesses and reconciliations is desirable
· Fluent in English and Turkish.
How to apply
Interested candidates are required to submit a CV anda Cover letter to email@example.com referring to the position theyare applying for by November 30th, 2018.