|Name and position:||Position: Finance Officer|
|Country/City of Assignment:||Turkey/Ankara|
|Reporting Lines|| a) Reports to: Project Manager, Protection Officer |
b) Supervises: NA
|Date of Issue|
1. Organizational Background
ASRA, is anon-governmental and humanitarian aid organisation which mainly aims at meeting basic needs and improving living conditions of the individuals and communities who are affected by humanitarian crisis, conflicts, human rights violations and natural disasters.
ASRA continues its works at national and international level within principles of non-discrimination, transparency, impartiality, and accountability, accordingto the international standards of humanitarian privacy. ASRA has a role in enhancing living conditions of crisis affected individuals and communities through activities and emergency responses carried out at national and international level.
ASRA, by carrying out field studies which regularly analyse the conditions of crisis affected people, and publishing situation reports; directs the attention of relevant organisations to crisis regions.
ASRA, pursuant to the principles of non-discrimination, transparency, impartiality and accountability, adopts direct and quick response to the crisis affected individuals and communities, as the main principle.
2. Job Summary
The job holder is responsible for the running of day-to-day finance activities in the office including payments, review of finance documents, accounting and managing cash follow.
3. Responsibilities & Tasks:
Within delegated authority, Finance Officer will be responsible for the following tasks:
· Drawup financial reports and organize financial procedures, documentation and verification of supporting documents.
· Liaise with HR and logistic departments, banks and relevant project staff to ensureall expenditures, payments of payrolls and cash disbursements are in line with organization’s financial procedures.
· Ensure timely and accurate payments of staff and vendors.
· Ensure expenditures with respect to the approved budget.
· Ensure that all financial activities and cash flows are in line with legislative and donor requirements.
· Managing the cash management, budgeting, forecasting, troubleshooting, accounting andfinancial procedures and donor requirements.
· Ensure transparent financial procedures when fulfilling objectives of the program and donors’ guidelines.
· Ensure all financial documents and files are accurate and submitted within deadlines.
· Control receipts, invoices and financial documents to justify payments.
· Conduct monthly-yearly accountancy closure, advance closing and bank reconciliation.
· Provide support, information, advice and guidance to other departments as to financial policies, procedures.
· Participatein preparation and review of donor financial reports for submission.
· Facilitate preparation of audits.
· In case of temporary/permanently leave situation, Handover Report will be filledout and submitted to the relevant departments,
· Undertake any other work-related duty assigned by the line manager.
· University degree in Finance, Business Management, Economics and other closely relevant field.
· Relevant professional experience of not less than 2 years.
· Excellent analytical, budgeting, budget tracking, bookkeeping and financial management skills.
· Familiarity/prior experience with Humanitarian/NGO sector would be an advantage.
· Strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills.
· Strong sense of transparency and accountability.
· Ability to coordinate work with stakeholders, vendors and service providers.
· Flexibility to prioritize and manage different tasks duly and effectively.
· Ability to multitask and maintain positive and professional under stressful situation.
· Fluency in written and verbal English and Turkish. Arabic is an asset.
· Computer/IT literacy (ParticularlyMicrosoft Office programs).
In relation to their level of skills and experience the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties from time to time that are reasonable.