Position Title: Finance Officer
Duty Station: Turkey - Gaziantep
Duration: 12 Months
Position Category: Full-time
Bir Dünya Çocuk (Children of One World)
Bir Dünya Çocuk (Children of One World) a non-governmental, non-profit organization, which has a multinational and multicultural structure, is dedicated to providing child protection services and advocating for child rights.
Bir Dünya Çocuk is looking forward to a one world where all children attain their rights and dignity based on their best of interest.
From 2014 to 2018, Bir Dünya Çocuk could reach more than half million boy, girl, man and woman with a specialized Child Protection and Education services, while we are still proving a prominent intervention to contribute prevention, mitigate suffering, empower children participation and advocate for best interests of child.
In addition, Bir Dünya Çocuk Turkey is also focusing on social cohesion and social interaction between refugee and host community NGOs.
Bir Dünya Çocuk is a member of The Alliance for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action, Child Rights Connect, End Violence Against Children and in a special consultative status with UN Economic and Social Council.
Bir Dünya Çocuk is proud that 60% of its employees are female.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Follow up on all accounting operations, and conformity with donor/partner/finance requirements.
- Ensure, enforce, and implement donor/partner/institution financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Follow-up budget in accordance with the outputs of the project in coordination with the direct supervisor.
- Control/document over all incoming and outgoing documents/fiscal transactions, and ensure they are correct and contain the required signatures, and according to relevant policies and procedures.
- Assisting in reconciliation/preparation of all accounts and financial statements,
- Assist the carry out of periodic inventory and annual fixed assets, materials and compliance with the relevant requirements.
- Preparation of financial reports (Budget vs Actual ).
- Maintains historical records by filing documents,
- Examine statements to ensure accuracy
- Ensure that statements and records comply with laws and regulations.
- Inspect account books and accounting systems to keep up to date.
- Organize and maintain financial records.
- Archives all enrollment documents in the computerized financial system.
- Archives all exchange documents in the computerized financial system.
- Carrying out any other duties assigned to him within the limits of his functions and responsibilities.
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Finance Manager
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum Education Degree: Bachelor Economic/Accounting or Related specialization
- One year of experience in financial/accounting profession, experience with NGOs environment is highly preferable
- Ability of working on computerized accounting systems and MS Office applications
- Very good in Turkish language and English
- The ability to innovate and develop the financial system in the organization
- Ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Commitment to humanitarian relief standards
- Organizing skills
- Reporting skills
- Communication skills
Interested candidates should send their detailed CV and Cover Letter outlining their interest and qualifications for the position by email, no later than 02 September 2019. Only short listed candidates will be called for an interview. Please mention the Vacancy Number (TR-019-21) for which you are applying in the subject line of the email. Please follow the instruction carefully. Bir Dünya Çocuk might not consider incomplete information. Please be informed that interviews will be start before deadline.
Bir Dünya Çocuk is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities. Remuneration will be in accordance with the candidate’s qualification and experience as well as local standards.
Bir Dünya Çocuk Derneği
One world where all children attain their rights and dignity based on their best of interest.
1 - To contribute to prevention of children from all kinds of abuse, violence, neglect, discrimination, and exploitation.
2 - To mitigate suffering, ensuring quality and effective response.
3 - To empower children’s participation and encourage sustainable development for and with children.
4 – To advocate for a creative and supportive environment with optimum resources that guarantee the best interest of children.