|International Federation Of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies||Ankara|
|Finance Officer||Uluslararası Organizasyonlar|
|İngilizce (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate),İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced),Türkçe (C2, Level 6, Advanced)|
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world's largest humanitarian organization, with 190-member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
The Secretariat of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is organized into four Business groups in Geneva and five Business Groups in the field, namely the Regional Offices for Africa, Americas, Asia and the Pacific, Europe, and Middle East and North Africa (MENA). The Europe Region is organized through Clusters covering the National Societies in Eastern Western and Central Europe, Central Asia, Caucasus, Russian Federation and Belarus, Red Cross EU Office as well as country Offices in Greece, Turkey and Ukraine under the reorganized IFRC Secretariat, located in the Regional office in Europe.
The conflict in Syria has now entered its sixth year and created an overwhelming and enduring humanitarian crisis. Currently, more than 5 million Syrian people are living in the countries alone neighbouring Syria, with further displacement beyond the region into other areas. About 3.7 million registered refugees are living in Turkey. The Turkish Red Crescent Society (TRCS) is supporting the displaced people since the onset of the humanitarian crisis. IFRC initially launched an Emergency Appeal on 9 November 2012, which later on transformed into an International Appeal to support the TRCS to deliver assistance and support to most vulnerable displaced people living in Turkey.
The Finance Officer reports and follows the technical direction and guidance of the Finance and Admin. Delegate and provide support to the effective financial reporting and accounting of the IFRC Office in Turkey.
The job of the Finance Officer is to provide cost effective day to day quality finance services that enhance the work efficiency of the operation Turkey Population Movement Operation International Appeal implemented by Turkish Red Crescent Society, in accordance with Federation standard procedures, policies and regulations. He/she also will contribute to the sound financial management of the funds spent by the operation by observing strict compliance to all Finance Procedures and to all Finance Audit recommendations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform the month end closing of accounting books (completeness, accuracy and timeliness required).
- Book accounting transactions (POF) with strict compliance to IFRC standard finance procedures.
- Verify correct account codes and correct CODA documents are used for all transactions.
- Post the cash and petty cash books all bank accounts.
- Prepare payments through petty cash or bank as appropriate
- Requesting for F code
- Perform the Month Closing and provide support in the absence of Finance Delegate
- Review and submit accurate and timely cash Forecast
- Manage a petty cash and ensure reconciliation and cash counts are conducted at month end or when replenishing from the bank.
- Fill in the cash requests template for signing and approval
- Cash refill and Liaison with Budapest Office and Preparing the cash request analysis for Budapest and GVA
- Initiate payments on after the approval of the vouchers
- Contact the bank for any anomalies in the bank statements
- Perform any other duties as maybe directed by the line manager with regard to
- bank accounts e.g. addition of signatories etc.
- Ensure monthly bank reconciliations are prepared on a timely basis
- Withdrawing petty cash from bank and dealing all correspondence with the Bank. Initiate Bank Payments in the Citi Bank Portal
- Ensure the cash reconciliations, cash counts for the office is sent to the HQ as soon as they are ready and signed off from Management
- Coordinate with ERO on the monthly accounting Review and Corrections and Executing and Monitoring the Monthly Closing .
- Support the Programme Coordinator to respond to financial audit recommendations or queries.
- Abide to the fraud and corruption policy. Relationship Management
- Ensure the dissemination and adherence of IFRC Finance procedures among all TRCS finance team members
- Work closely with the Finance counterparts in the National Society
- Train, support and advise TRCS finance staff in coordination with Programme Coordinator, to improve and develop their understanding of IFRC financial procedures
- Additional duties as assigned by the line manager
- Checking the supporting documents of Working advance with Delegate and National Staff
- University degree Finance and Accountancy
- Recognised Professional financial/accountancy qualification
- Prefered a Certified accountant
- 3 years’ experience in finance and accounting roles
- Prefer 3 years’ experience in budget management
- Prefer experience of working for the Red Cross/ Red Crescent Movement
- Prefer experience of working for a humanitarian aid organization, audit firm.
- Good knowledge of International Accounting Standards
Knowledge and skills
- Practical knowledge of accounting and financial software such as Coda, etc.
- Self-supporting in windows standard programmes, and expert in excel
- Advanced analytical skills (financial analysis)
- Fluently spoken and written English
- Ability to work under pressure
- Confident and persuasive with the ability to communicate with internal employees and external associates on all levels
Fluently spoken and written English and Turkish
Communication; Collaboration and teamwork; Judgement and decision making; National society and customer relations; Creativity and innovation; Building trust.
Respect for diversity; Integrity; Professionalism; Accountability
The Federation is an equal opportunity employer.