WATAN is looking for a highly motivated individual, graduated from university, who would be interested in joining us for a valuable experience in the Syria Response as Finance Officer.
The purpose of Finance Officer is to ensure achievement of shared services outcomes and strategy in the field of financial reporting and analysis, to implement financial policies in such areas as, but not limited to: budget, cash management and forecasting, recording and documentation, project auditing, monthly financial reporting and local resource acquisition; being cognizant of WATAN financial policies
- Prepare monthly financial reports and share it with donors.
- Follow up the terms of the agreement with donors and ensure that our team does not exceed the terms of the agreement.
- Preparing the projections with project manager and monitoring it on monthly basis.
- Review the matching between documentation files and tracking spreadsheets.
- Assists the Finance Manager in responding to Auditors’ inquiries and requests for financial information.
- Assists in preparation of monthly cash flow projections.
- Follow-up financial payments with Donor.
- Receive and respond to the donors’ comments
- Match the approved financial reports by donors with the financial reports generated by accounting software.
- Follow up the financial payments of the project with the accountants and the fund secretary until the payment reaches to supplier
- Ensure preparation of FFR (Field financial reports), external reports and internal management reports in compliance with respective requirements.
- Ensure accurate and timely review of financial data for completeness and correctness
- Bachelor’s degree \ Master’s degree in Accounting & Banking or equivalent or Related specialization.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Turkish.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Financing position with medium business/medium NGO/government agency.
- Experience with humanitarian aid in-country is a plus.
- Experience in major donor regulations (US, UK, , GOG, EC/ECHO, UN agencies) is a plus.
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles, financial systems, budget/cash flow monitoring and internal accounting controls.
- Solid working knowledge of computerized accounting systems, must be computer literate in Microsoft Office programs.
- Good oral/written and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work on a cross-cultural environment with a multi-national staff.