AAR Japan started working in Turkey in response to Van Earthquake 2011 and was one of the first international Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) on the ground responding to the Syrian Crisis. Since 2012, AAR Japan has implemented cross-sectoral projects on basic needs, education, food security, protection and health targeting urban refugees in Gaziantep, Şanlıurfa, Mardin, and Istanbul.
The project’s overall goal, on one hand, is to contribute in building a protective environment for people with disabilities by addressing their health issues, protection risks, and their vulnerabilities and on the other hand, facilitating durable solutions for Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) in their interest.
AAR Japan is looking for a Finance Officer who will be positioned in Istanbul/ Atakoy.
- Verify pay-roll and any relevant documents of all staff members after preparation by HR and External Accountant,
- Final check staff salary as well as occasional costs such as per diem and other allowances,
- Prepare salary payment document,
- Update and conclude financial reports in a timely manner,
- Collaborate with finance colleagues to collect proper documents and information for completion of reports,
- Support Finance Manager in internal and external audits in the country office and field offices
- collaborate with HR/Admin colleagues upon their request,
- Other duties as assigned by the Employer.
- Bachelor degree with the related studies
- At least 2 years professional experience in a relevant or transferable area of work
- At least 1 year accounting work including calculating tax and social security fee according to Turkish relevant law
- Ability to use a computer and Microsoft office softwares, especially maintaining basic formula and functions
- Ability to use English in writing proficiently as well as Turkish,
- Experience/ability to write/review clear reports
- Ability to communication in a positive and diplomatic way.
Interested candidates who meet the above-mentioned qualification should submit their English CV, cover letter to the email provided in the apply button indicating the code number which is IA-FO-2020 in the subject line after filling the application form on :
by the 30th of January 2020.
Due to the urgency of the position, AAR Japan reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
Note: The application received after the closing date will not be given any consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications fulfill the required criteria will be contacted for test and interview. The submitted documents will not be returned.