Food Security and Livelihood Project Officer
HQ - Gaziantep
Shafak was officially established on 10-10-2013 (registration no. 27-016-129). It was founded during the early months of the Syrian Crisis in 2011. At its core, Shafak is a grassroots NGO that was formed by Syrians for Syrians, with the intent of addressing the needs of their life with dignity, equality, and humanity with a focus on sustainability and autonomy.
Shafak is an impartial, independent, non-profit NGO that exists for the express purpose of providing humanitarian services to vulnerable people regardless of political or religious affiliations and in the long run to contribute to recovery and rebuilding the society on a freedom, justice, and equality basis.
The FSL Project Officer will lead the implementation of the project by supporting economic recovery and community resilience and restoring or creating income-generating opportunities to save, sustain lives and achieve a greater level of resilience. The project aims to support the affected vulnerable people inside Syria, through
1). Provision of business skills training and tool kits to selected beneficiaries,
2). Provide vocational or farming training courses and provision of business skills training and productive tool kits to the selected beneficiaries.
3). Rehabilitation of basic community services and markets to improve the whole community’s access to these services.
4). Provide quick impact short-term employment through Cash for Work.
5) Cash assistance and voucher distribution.
The FSL Project Officer will oversee the implementation of the project in Northern Syria. The post holder is responsible for managing the human, material, and financial resources of the project and ensuring smooth coordination internally and externally. The aim of the project is the protection and improvement of access to food and livelihoods for the most vulnerable families; supporting livelihoods, and supporting farmers and associated infrastructure related to the value chain through Vouchers / In-kind modalities. The post holder will be expected to also mentor and/or build the capacity of project staff.
Reports to; FSL Project Manager
- Field supervision and follow-up of project activities, which include infrastructure rehabilitation, in addition to livelihood activities within camps and residential communities, which include vocational training, small business grants, cash for work and Cash and Voucher distribution.
- Reviewing BoQ for rehabilitation and restoration works, and preparing technical conditions books.
- Ensure Active coordination with all stakeholders (NGOs, Local Councils, and private sector enterprises)
- Ensure Need assessments are executed, and from them, integrated response and implementation are developed.
- Coordinate the development of all project implementation plans and budgets within the framework of the agreed program and strategy.
- Ensure all reporting internally or externally within agreed timeframes.
- Ensure all project personnel understand and carry out their duties in accordance with humanitarian principles, core values and the Code of Conduct.
- Create the conditions to ensure effective teamwork and morale. Ensure staff wellbeing is addressed.
- Represent Shafak in the different related agencies meetings and other different coordination groups.
- Ensure that different sectoral activities are implemented in a coordinated and integrated manner.
- Ensuring implementation and monitoring of projects activities and practices.
- Participate actively in programming work in technical coordination and leadership to ensure relevance and quality of projects
- Provide support and advice to logistics for program material purchasing through cooperation with SHAFAK Logistic department.
- Coordinate and follow up with support departments (logistic, human resources, media and MEAL).
- Conduct field visit during the project activities implementation and providing them with all required information.
- Establish and maintain archiving system of program documents.
Child Safeguarding Policy: Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to Shafak, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. Shafak is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy, Shafak expressly prohibit and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. Shafak employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside Shafak.
Notice: We will discuss these policies during the interview, so if you are asked to interview please download and read them beforehand:
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- BA University Degree
- Experience in FSL and ERL projects
- Experience in cash programming and cash based interventions
- Experience in Small-Micro Enterprises and Vocational training.
- Previous work experience with INGO is an asset.
- Familiarity with projects involving infrastructure rehabilitation activities.
- Strong understanding of the humanitarian emergency operating context, including the humanitarian system, donors, security, civil military liaison and program management.
- Experience and ability to work in volatile and unsafe situation.
- Strong capacity building skills and experience.
- Good analytical skills including data analysis and good reporting/writing skills
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken) and proficiency computer skills
- Ability to travel to Syria
HOW TO APPLY:
You can apply through the link:
Closing Date: 05.12.2021
Only short-listed candidates will be called for an interview, Female candidates are encouraged to apply for this position.
Shafak is an impartial, independent, non-profit NGO that exists for the express purpose of providing humanitarian services to vulnerable people regardless of political or religious affiliations and on the long run to contribute to recover and rebuilding the society on freedom, justice and equality basis.