- Supervise daily FSL projects implementation and prepare a daily report to FSL program Coordinator.
- ensuring all program objectives and goals are met in compliance with BO and donor regulations.
- Develop weekly and monthly activities plan in coordination with the FSL program coordinator other members of the FSL program team and other departments.
- Represent BO and Cultivate good relations with key humanitarian actors – local and international, including government authorities and non-state actors, through regular attendance at technical meetings and bilateral meetings in Side Syria.
- Where relevant, liaise with donors and work closely with partners on project updates, site visits, and other communication.
- Undertakes logistical, administrative, secretarial, and financial arrangements, for meetings, workshops, pieces of training, and other program events organized by the Development Team.
- Ensure that at all times contact with beneficiaries is conducted sensitively and respectfully.
- Supervising and providing technical support to field staff ensuring the provision of quality life-saving assistance.
- Ensuring constant coordination between the food security department and other departments including the supply chain, MEAL, and liaison to ensure quality and timely implementation of the projects’ activities.
- Assist in organizing regular project coordination meetings with the project team.
- Oversee and manage the implementation of the project ensuring that technical quality and standards are considered and respected during project implementation.
- Support the Field staff on the technical side by traveling to Syria periodically.
- Ensure project records and documents (files, beneficiary list, donation certificates, attendance sheets, etc) are adequately prepared, compiled, and filed according to BAHAR procedures.
- Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to supervisors and other team members.
- Comply with Bahar Organization policies and practices concerning child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities, and other relevant policies and procedures.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
Academic Qualification/s and Professional Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in food security programming.
- Proven capabilities in leadership and management required.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and relationship builder.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, food industry, international relationship, or similar subjects. In case the degree is different, it can be compensated with previous experience in the food security sector.
- Knowledge of the situation from Northern Syria.
- Former experience working with the USAID/BHA program is a plus.
- flexibility to travel periodically, due to multiple travels that need to be between the field and HQ Office (50% in Field Office visit – 50% in HQ Office).
- Language proficiency: Advanced (reading, writing, and speaking) English and Arabic.
- MS Office proficiency
- Ability to transfer gained skills to other staff.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment with respect for diversity.
- Adhering to the organization’s vision, mission, goals, and objectives; commitment to humanitarian principles and actions.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and synthesize.
- Strong attention to detail and a high level of organization.
- presentation and communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Good organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
Safeguarding & Ethics:
Bahar is committed to ensuring that all individuals we come into contact with through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants, or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by the UN Secretary-General and IASC. We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and adhere to Bahar Code of Conduct Policies and values at all times. Team members are required to complete mandatory Code of Conduct e-learning courses upon hire and on an annual basis.
How to apply
Interested candidates should apply by completing the form at the following link:
The post will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted