Qualifications and Education Requirements:
Preferred Bachelors in relevant sector, Agriculture Engineering, Economics, Business Administration, humanitarian studies or International Development. Significant relevant work experience in these specific areas will be considered as an added value.
General Work Experience:
Minimum 2 years of experience as a Project Manager/ Coordinator with relevant experience and understanding of the same sector. Has the flexibility to deal rapidly with numerous and often simultaneous problems in an effective manner. Patient and good communicator who can function in an organization employing a multi-national staff, and whose sites are geographically distributed in areas of the country difficult to access during certain periods of the year. Remote management experience desired.
- Languages: Very good in English and Arabic (writing –reading –speaking) other language will be desired especially Turkish
- Computing: Proficient in Microsoft Office including, excel, word, outlook etc.
- Communication skills: negotiating, facilitating and presenting as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Time management, organization and work prioritization
- Being analytical with strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Decision making
- Project Management
- Remote management
- Staff management
- Leadership and development
- Collaborative and cooperative with other related departments e.g. supply chain, finance, HR …etc
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with SR Support departments to ensure timelines and project requirements are met according to the workplan of each project.
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders (e.g. Clusters, Local Councils, Partners, Donors …… etc)
- Coordinate with Field Offices’ Managers to facilitate the field team movement and ensure safety & security countermeasures are taken into consideration.
- Sharing information with donor, technical sector cluster, other NGOs and coordination structures to avoid overlapping with other interventions in the same locations.
- Coordinate closely with the program manager on the project implementation progress
- Ensuring activities are in line with community and beneficiary needs
- Day to day follow up with the field teams to complete the assigned tasks and accomplish the planned activities’ targets.
- Coaching, mentoring, training and development of project staff.
- Set Project plans (detailed implementation plan, procurement plan, human resource plan, spending plan…etc)
- Ensuring effective implementation of projects that meets contractual obligations including all partner/ donor policy, procedures, rules and regulations
- Ensuring project activities are implemented to a high quality based upon related standards (e.g. Sphere, INEE, CHS, …etc)
- Managing Budgets, follow up on spending and understand Financial Reports
- Ensuring proper project documentation and compilation of project data
- Ensure all progress narrative and financial reports (weekly and monthly) are submitted within agreed timeframes to the relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure monthly reporting to clusters and working groups are submitted with high quality and in timely manner.
- Attend regular meetings with donors, partners, clusters, working groups …. etc.
How to Apply:
Please send a CV and cover letter indicating your experience to the attention of HR Department in Syria Relief with the job code “SR-TR-FSM-002“ in the subject line.
“All Suriye Yardım Derneğ members (staff, volunteers and interns) are committed to the SYD policies such as, SYD Code of Conduct, Child Safeguarding Policy, Reporting Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, Reporting Conflict of Interest, Reporting Misconduct.”