Under the supervision of the Food Security Project Manager, The Food Security Project Officer will be responsible for support the implementation of the food project in northwest Syria (Idleb area) and support the filed food team in all stages (assessments, registration, distribution, planning and monitoring). Ensure work done is carried out against agreed quality standards, and ensure the project stays within assigned schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend different field meetings when required and provide detailed reports to the Food Security Manager.
- Support the Food Security Project Manager and field team in collaboration, identification, registration, verification and selection of the project beneficiaries, according to defined selection criteria, as well as verification process.
- Assist the Food Security Manager in planning and implementing the project activities in the field.
- Track progress against weekly, monthly, and annual plans. Provide accurate and timely updates and reports as needed. Identify challenges and propose solutions to ensure timely and effective implementation of activities.
- Support the M&E team in the collation and analysis of beneficiary data and preparing reports.
- Maintain respectful and constructive relations with partner organizations, local authorities and humanitarian agencies.
- Promptly report any concerns or incidents to the Food Security Manger and liaise with community leaders and other external parties as required to maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
- Guarantee and support the beneficiary accountability and participation approaches throughout the project cycle.
- Conduct basic analysis of the distribution database to support reporting to PD Department or cluster. Supporting programming staff in submitting reports to the UN or cluster system including 5Ws.
- Maintain files and archives of voucher and cash program support documentation, including price monitoring, sales record information, and vendor support.
- Develop key messages in nutrition to the targeted beneficiaries, and ensure it is delivered appropriately.
- Submit and follow up on requests for support from operations teams, including procurement (OFs) Logistics (transfer of materials).
- Maintain the vouchers stock balance and the procurement plan updated.
- Support translation of documents between English and Arabic
- Record and promptly disseminate minutes for partner, staff and other meetings
- Schedule and organize and/or assist in activities such as meetings, conferences, trainings and workshops for project staff
- Follow up with field food team to prepare the payments in a timely manner.
- Follow up with finance/logistics colleagues in the process of reviewing payments raised by field team.
Key Performance Indicators;
- Number of assessments, registrations, distributions and redemptions plans for food activities are prepared and reviewed.
- Number of OFs prepared and submitted on time.
- 90% of documents are updated and archived in a timely manner;
- 90% of requested information, inputs, and reports submitted on time.
- 90% of payments prepared in timely manner.
- Number of Food Clusters reports submitted (5ws / plan and capacity reports) (1 per month).
- Bachelor’s degree in a discipline relevant to food security and livelihoods (such as nutrition, agronomy, rural development, agricultural economics or any related field experiences).
- Minimum of two years’ work experience in humanitarian or development contexts, preferably with experience in Syrian context,
- Previous experience in Food Security and Livelihoods interventions.
- Excellent oral and written Arabic and English.
- Acquire at least one-year experience in data analysis and management skills, fully capable with Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel and PPT, Power BI)
- Turkish ID holder and legally able to work in Turkey is a must.
ACTED currently has operations in northern Syria and Turkey. The activities include WASH, Non-Food Items, Food Security, Capacity Development, and Information Management in camps, urban and rural areas.