Grant and Compliance Officer
HQ - Gaziantep
Shafak was officially established on 10-10-2013 (registration no. 27-016-129). It was founded during the early months of the Syrian Crisis in 2011. At its core, Shafak is a grassroots NGO that was formed by Syrians for Syrians, with the intent of addressing the needs of their life with dignity, equality, and humanity with a focus on sustainability and autonomy.
Shafak is an impartial, independent, non-profit NGO that exists for the express purpose of providing humanitarian services to vulnerable people regardless of political or religious affiliations and in the long run to contribute to recovery and rebuilding the society on a freedom, justice, and equality basis.
The Position's Scope:
The Grant and Compliance Officer will be responsible for ensuring and monitoring the health of grants received from different sources of funding that Shafak receives and ensures compliance with internal policies and donors rules and regulations.
Reports to; Compliance Coordinator
Key areas of accountability and responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Grants and Compliance team to ensure accurate and timely request of grants payments/disbursements and ensure the payment tracker is regularly updated.
- Assist the grants team in maintaining an updated grants matrix for each project that informs regular decision making as well as to be used as a reference tool when regularly reviewing progress/pending issues of each grant.
- Assist the grants team in the development of grant submission package including drafting budgets and other grants tools.
- Support and work alongside the grants team in conducting kick-off meetings for new projects and grant periodic review meetings and grant close out meetings.
- Lead and facilitate conducting grant review meeting with the relevant departments on a monthly basis and follow up in case of taking any action during the meeting.
- Lead and review of monthly Budget vs. Actual to compare financials with the programmatic results to ensure coherence between financial and non-financial data and flag any issues to the relevant departments for remedial action.
- Ensure that each grant has their plans (detailed implementation plan, MEAL plan, Recruitment Plan, Spending Plan, Procurement Plan, etc.) developed, updated and monitored on a regular basis.
- Update the grant tracker for all new proposals and amendments, and in archiving all grant-related documents (grant agreements, project proposals, budgets, amendments, payment requests, payment receipts, financial reports, etc.) both softcopy and hardcopy as needed.
- Assist the grants and compliance team in developing appropriate tools to monitor the implementation of the grants.
- Track instalments, prepare payment request and submit it to donors and any necessary follow up action.
- Assist the Grants and Compliance team to effectively identify, document, assess and mitigate compliance risks associated with Shafak’s operations and the changing regulatory landscape.
- Review projects financial reports before submission to donors, ensure that all supporting documents of all expenses are related to their grants and in accordance with the donor regulations.
- Communicate donors’ comments on the financial reports to the relevant teams within the organisation, provide guidance and support to appropriately address the comments, and ensure the financial reports are fully adhered to donors’ rules and regulations.
- Collect all comments from donors on monthly basis and share with finance as a reference to avoid repetition in the next reporting period.
- Review note to files, explanatory notes, waivers, related to clarifying eligibility and relevance of costs, discrepancies, etc.
- Review timeliness and accuracy of compliance with donors reporting to ensure accuracy and timely submission.
- Develop a compliance plan for each grant to ensure compliance with internal Shafak procedures and donors rules and regulations, and produce periodic compliance reports and share with relevant departments.
- Check and review procurement transaction documents.
Child Safeguarding Policy: Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to Shafak, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. Shafak is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy, Shafak expressly prohibit and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. Shafak employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside Shafak.
Notice: We will discuss these policies during the interview, so if you are asked to interview please download and read them beforehand:
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
• Good experience in NGOs Grant management or compliance.
• B. A degree in finance or business administration or any related field
• A desire to learn and work in a challenging but rewarding environment.
• Good working knowledge of Excel.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
• Oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic.
• Ability to work under stress.
HOW TO APPLY:
You can apply through the link:
Closing Date: 05.12.2021
Only short-listed candidates will be called for an interview, Female candidates are encouraged to apply for this position.
Shafak is an impartial, independent, non-profit NGO that exists for the express purpose of providing humanitarian services to vulnerable people regardless of political or religious affiliations and on the long run to contribute to recover and rebuilding the society on freedom, justice and equality basis.