Grant and Compliance Senior Officer
Shafak was officially established in 10-10-2013 (registration no. 27-016-129). It was founded during the early months of the Syrian Crisis in 2011. At its core, Shafak is a grassroots NGO that was formed by Syrians for Syrians, with the intent of addressing the needs of their life with dignity, equality, and humanity with a focus on sustainability and autonomy.
Shafak is an impartial, independent, non-profit NGO that exists for the express purpose of providing humanitarian services to vulnerable people regardless of political or religious affiliations and in the long run to contribute to recovery and rebuilding the society on freedom, justice, and equality basis.
The Grant and Compliance Senior Officer will be responsible for ensuring and monitoring the health of grants received from different sources of funding that Shafak receives and ensures compliance with internal policies and donors' rules and regulations.
Reports to; Grants Coordinator
Supervision Responsibilities: Grant Assistant as applicable
- Check and review procurement transaction documents
Demonstrate adherence to SHAFAK’s following policies:
- Child Safeguarding Policy: Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to Shafak, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. Shafak Is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
- Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy: Shafak expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. Shafak employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside Shafak.
- Notice: We will discuss these policies during interview, so if you are asked to interview please download and read them beforehand:
Required Qualifications, Experience, and Attributes
- Experience in NGOs Grant management or compliance.
- B. A degree in business administration or any related field
- A desire to learn and work in a challenging but rewarding environment.
- Good working knowledge of Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic.
- Ability to work under stress.
- Turkish Citizenship.
HOW TO APPLY:
You can apply through the link:
Closing Date: 18.10.2020
Shafak is an impartial, independent, non-profit NGO that exists for the express purpose of providing humanitarian services to vulnerable people regardless of political or religious affiliations and on the long run to contribute to recover and rebuilding the society on freedom, justice and equality basis.