Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Grants Management Officer
About the Job
The Grants Management Officer supports the Grants Management Coordinator (GMC) in all grants-related tasks, including project progress tracking and the development of high-quality and timely donor reports and other country- and HQ level communications. The Grants Management Officer also contributes to initiatives to expand the country portfolio, including program design and proposal development.
This role has a country focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the country. The role contributes to the development of country strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to country operations while overseeing country activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage reporting workflows and processes between program teams, senior leadership, and HQ to ensure high-quality and timely development and review of reports.
- Prepare necessary tools for report development with detailed requests for data provision.
- Develop and prepare high-quality, timely reports for donors, partners, and government on program progress, ensuring all donor reporting requirements are met and positioned to demonstrate DRCs leadership in programming in the country context.
- Support the Grants Management Coordinator in providing timely, thorough responses to information requests from internal and external sources.
- Update grants management tools and information including but not limited to DRC Turkey donor reporting tracker, DRC grant management system (ERP) and rolling action plan.
Proposal Development (20%)
- Support the Grants Management Coordinator in overseeing proposal development processes, including drafting and producing high quality concept notes and proposals.
- Collect contributions and compile inputs from programme staff, technical advisors, HQ and/or the regional office, and partners (if relevant) in line with the proposal development plan.
- Maintain and update the donor database to identify new donors and funding opportunities in line with the strategic priorities of DRC Turkey and MENA.
- Work closely with program M&E staff to ensure credible, best-practice monitoring and reporting of program activities in accordance with DRC and donor requirements.
- Assist in preparing, facilitating and following up on grant meetings (kick-off meetings, mid-term review meetings, project closure meetings).
- Support the GMC and Head of Programmes with the development of strategy and/or drafting of position papers, through leadership pieces, and other related initiatives leveraging evidence from programs.
- Other tasks as assigned by the GMC.
To be successful in this role, you must have University degree (Bachelor’s) in international relations, migration, social science, development or other relevant field.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- At least 2 years of professional experience with an international development organization.
- Familiarity with US and EU donors with special attention to reporting requirements.
- Ability to represent DRC to international donors, government officials, local groups and community members.
- Understanding of the rights and protection issues of refugees, children and women - experience working with Syrian refugees is an advantage
- An understanding of humanitarian/civil society issues in Turkey and the region
- Willingness to relocate to south/south-eastern Turkey, and to travel within and between provinces
- Proven analytical and writing skills
- Proven communication, interpersonal, representation, negotiation, promotion and diplomacy skills
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment
- Flexible, enthusiastic and willingness to learn from others
- Strong initiative and self-motivated
- Excellent computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and fluent oral English.
- Fluency in Turkish or Arabic is an asset.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 4 Months (renewable dependent on both funding and performance)
Employment Band: H
Designation of Duty Station: Hatay- Country Office
Start date: 01.08.2020
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Nationals.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 23.07.2020
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.