International Sustainability and Development Yönetim Danışmanlık Hizmetleri ve Ticaret Limited Şirketi (hereinafter “ISD”) is seeking a Grants Manager to join our team. ISD is an international development company that promotes meaningful change around the world to help people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives.
2. POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Grants Manager will be responsible for the overall management and administration of a number of grants awarded by the International Sustainability and Development (ISD) grants program with funding from the United Kingdom Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office (FCDO). S/he will be responsible for ensuring compliant, effective, grants management throughout the entire grants lifecycle. The Grants Manager will contribute to the grant design, competition, pre-award risk assessment, award monitoring, and grant closeout and support implementation of the assigned portfolio of grants through NGO partners.
The Grants Manager will adhere to and act in accordance ISD’s professional code of ethics, “Living Our Values,” and will make the principles of the code a part of the program’s culture and operating procedures. S/he will uphold ISD's safeguarding standards at all times and will promote a safeguarding culture among partners, beneficiaries, and staff. S/he will also foster and maintain good relationships with potential and actual grantees, will disclose any affiliations that could be perceived as a conflict of interest, and will maintain confidentiality regarding program activities
3. DETAILED RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees the development, implementation, and administration of the number of grants that are assigned to them, providing support in terms of ISD and/or FCDO compliance and grants management protocols.
- Monitors grant disbursements and payment schedules, liaising closely with other colleagues including the Grants and Compliance manager and program points of contact to make grant payments in a timely and compliant manner.
- Reviews grant packages/ grantee’s financial reports and prepares payment requests incompliance with ISD’ procedures and FCDO regulations.
- As needed, participates and assists in assessing grantee capacity and participates in grant kick-off meetings to serve as a resource for any questions related to grant administration and compliance
- Serves as a resource to help programme technical team to answer questions and resolve issues related to grant compliance, grant payments, grant design, documentation, and other areas.
- Closely liaises with and provide all necessary assistance to their supervisor and other team members on issues related to grants administration and management
- Ensures full compliance with corporate grants policies and applicable donor regulations and manage the issuance of solicitations for proposals for grants, if applicable.
- Assists in evaluating applications for grant funding, including preparation of written reports on the process of evaluation and results of selection, if applicable.
- Support in the production of grant agreements and modifications, supervising the compliance and financial documentation and support technical aspects and general grants management;
- Contribute to the preparation of periodic reports to the client on progress towards programme results
- Conduct due diligence with downstream partner and report the monthly progresss
- Follow up with the asset register and make sure it is reported by grantee monthly bases
- Continuously apply learning, innovations and best practices from project evaluations, field visit reports and project reports (both internal and external, including other NGO and donors) to new grants
- Other duties as assigned.
4. PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE
The assignment is long-term through the life of the programme.
5. LOCATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT
From home with potential travel to Turkey as needed.
- Bachelors’ degree in a relevant field
- At least three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in a grants management role, preferably for donor-funded development projects and UK in particular.
- Strong understanding of ISD’s grants management processes and donor regulations governing grants administration
- Knowledge and understanding of Syria context, conflict and security situation in Syria, previous experience in Syria strongly preferred
- Ability to work with culturally and geographically diverse staff
- Excellent communication, and writing/reporting skills
- Team player with the ability to also work independently
- Professional proficiency speaking, reading, and writing English required. Professional proficiency in Arabic highly preferred.
7. SUPERVISION AND REPORTING
The Grants Manager will report to the Manahel Grants and Operations Lead.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are required to submit a CV and a Cover letter provided in the apply button referring to the position they are applying for by November 4th, 2020.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
As INTER SUSTA. AND DEVYÖN.DAHİZ.VE TİC. LTD. ŞTİ. (“Company”), we pay utmost care and importance to ensuring security of your personal data. Accordingly, we take necessary measures for the sake of providing appropriate security level in order to prevent illegal processing of and access to your personal data and ensuring protection of such data in the processes of processing your personal data and transmitting them to third persons pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Law (“KVK Law”) No 6698.