The Grant Officer will be responsible for ensuring and monitoring the health of grants received from different sources of funding that WATAN receives and ensures compliance with internal policies and donors' rules and regulations.
- Support and work with the project manager in conducting kick-off meetings for new projects and grant periodic review meetings and grant closeout meetings.
- Lead and facilitate conducting grant review meetings with the relevant departments on a monthly basis and follow up in case of taking any action during the meeting.
- Lead and review of monthly Budget vs. Actual to compare financials with the programmatic results to ensure coherence between financial and non-financial data and flag any issues to the relevant departments for remedial action.
- Keeping all grant-related documents (grant agreements, project proposals, budgets, amendments, payment requests, payment receipts, financial reports, etc.) during the implementation.
- Track installments, prepare payment requests, and submit it to donors and any necessary follow-up action.
- Review projects monthly financial reports ensure that all supporting documents of all expenses are related to their grants and in accordance with the donor regulations.
- Produce interim/financial reports and submit it to the donor.
- Review monthly/interim/final narrative reports prepared by project manager, coordinate with him for the corrections/additions on the report and submit it to the donor.
- Communicate donors’ comments on the narrative/financial reports to the relevant teams within the organization, provide guidance and support to appropriately address the comments, and ensure the financial reports fully adhere to donors’ rules and regulations.
- Collect all comments from donors and share with project manager/relevant departments as a reference to avoid repetition in the next reporting period.
- Review note to files, explanatory notes, waivers, related to clarifying eligibility and relevance of costs, discrepancies, etc.
- Review timeliness and accuracy of compliance with donor reporting to ensure accuracy and timely submission.
- Check and review procurement transaction documents
- Responsible for not limited but included- all department related jobs upon manager’s request.
- Experience in NGOs Grant management or compliance.
- B. A degree in business administration or any related field
- A desire to learn and work in a challenging but rewarding environment.
- Good computer skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to work under stress
- Ability to work with multicultural work environment
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to WATAN, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. WATAN is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
WATAN provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status.
WATAN employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside WATAN.
Applications are strongly encouraged from female candidate.
Applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis. WATAN reserves the right to close this advert before the confirmed closing date when we are in receipt of sufficient applications.
How to apply
- All interested candidates in the position who meet the requirements, please click on the link to apply: https://watan.foundation/Vacancies/Jobs_Details/3437?lang=en
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.