Grants Officer (Ref: Grants Officer)
|YERYÜZÜ DOKTORLARI DERNEĞİ||İstanbul|
|Grants Officer||SİVİL TOPLUM KURUMU|
|İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced),Türkçe (C2, Level 6, Advanced)|
Referans Kodu : Grants Officer
E-posta : email@example.com
Başvurunuzu referans kodu ile eposta adresine iletiniz.
Having started up its activities in 2000 as an international aid organization focused on health, Doctors Worldwide Turkey - Yeryüzü Doktorları Derneği (YYD) have carried out hundreds of projects so far with the support of more than 30 thousand volunteers in more than 50 countries such as Afghanistan, Syria, Somali, Palestine, Uganda and Yemen. YYD mainly aims to reach those regions which do not have access to local healthcare services and also those regions affected by natural disasters. It has set out initially by organizing short-term health camps for the purpose of conducting examinations and surgeries, providing medicine and equipment support and these camps have turned into long-term and sustainable projects over time. YYD continues conducting preventive health programs, psychosocial support, physical capacity building and health education projects in both emergency situations and in less developed countries.
Within Turkey and in partnership with Ministry of Health, YYD provides comprehensive mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS), Protection, and social integration services for refugees and vulnerable host communities. YYD has been conducting several funded projects by World Health Organization (WHO), U.S. Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration (BPRM), Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), and International Medical Corps (IMC). YYD is an implementing partner of the Regional Refugee Resilience plan, the platform for humanitarian and development partners to respond to the Syrian crisis.
YYD is looking for a Grants officer who will support the funded projects team with proposal writing, reporting, documenting, and analyzing. This role offers the opportunities to learn across multiple disciplines within the organization as well as to support high-priority projects and initiatives.
Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in Istanbul projects office, the Grants officer is under the line management of the Program Coordinator.
- Researches various types of grants available and the criteria to qualify for each.
- Discusses available sources of funding with administrative managers.
- Compiles necessary information for the application process through collaboration with other employees, database research, and other factfinding actions and meetings.
- Drafts and completes grant applications according to application requirements.
- Ensures grant is submitted on time and within application parameters.
- Completes all documents, forms, or reports required by the grant.
- Coordinates the monitoring and evaluation of programs and projects that are funded by grants.
- Develops and maintains master files on grants and paperwork connected to projects funded by grants.
- Help to provide guidance on donor rules and regulations during project implementation and reporting processes.
- Attending conferences, workshops etc. to stay up to date with donor strategies and calls for proposals.
- Focal point for registration of YYD in different donor platforms and responsible to keep information up to date (UN Partner Portal, etc.).
- Support the line manager in preparing training modules on proposal/reporting duties for other staff.
- Ensure adherence to donor requirements for new proposals (studying donor documents, websites, attending donor seminars and workshops, etc.).
- Supporting the preparation and coordinating the submission process of concept notes and proposal.
- Contribute to the development of new proposals and logframe.
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within YYD and amongst beneficiaries served by YYD.
- Undertake duty travel as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration and related fields.
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience, including in humanitarian mission and or development projects.
- Proven experience in reporting, proposal writing, and communication.
- Excellent research and analysis skills.
- Experience working in the humanitarian context.
- Experience of working on EU and US funded projects a plus.
- Good proficiency with Microsoft package.
- Experience using data management software/tools.
- Fluency in Turkish and English is required (written and spoken).