WATAN is looking for a highly motivated individual, graduated from university, who would be interested in joining us for a valuable experience in the Syria Response as Head of Grants Management and Design Unit.
The programmes to be covered are: FSL, WASH, Shelter and NFI, Early Recovery, Protection, Education, Civil Society, Health.
The candidate should have previous experience in preparing proposals, manage grants, reporting, creating tools and methodologies.
- Oversee the activity of the Unit and of the staff.
- Prepare plans for Proposal writing, reporting and grants management.
- Prepare strategic proposals over 500,000$ value.
- Design projects in collaboration with the programme team.
- Coordinate the management of strategic contracts.
- Verify and approve proposals and reports received from the programmes staff, proposal writers and reporters.
- Prepare strategic growth plan for the organisation to secure funding.
- Engage in different negotiations with donors to secure funding.
- Prepare procedures and tools for writing proposals, reporting and grant management.
- Minimum Education Degree: Bachelor’s or MA degree
- Languages: Essential: English
- Highly desirable, PMP certification.
- Highly desirable, involvement in donor negotiation discussions.
- Highly desirable, successful track record with ECHO, DFID, USAID, EC, other international donors.
- Strong communication, writing and reporting skills
- IT skills ((Microsoft Office, Internet)
- Proficiency in English; Arabic is an asset
- Previous experience in writing and designing proposals/tenders, grant management and preparing reports
- Knowledge of the Syrian environment and of the NGOs’ sector
- Previous experience in an NGO will be highly desirable, but not mandatory