Head Of Mission Advisor
|Uluslararası Mavi Hilal İnsani Yardım ve Kalkınma Vakfı (IBC)||Gaziantep|
Supporting the Head of Mission in ensuring contacts with key actors according to protocols, standards and procedures in order to contribute to contextual and security analysis and follow-up.
- Supporting the Project Coordinator (HoM) in promoting and protecting the organization’s image and it’s partners internally within the Humanitarian cluster Coordination partners and externally with the different authorities.
- Assisting the HoM/PC in context analysis, disseminating relevant context information to the relevant department of the project, regularly informing them on key issues, updating general information on the operational context and advising on cultural appropriateness of organized activities and individual behaviors.
- Analyzing the mission operational linked risks and the security level of the context on the mission and assisting in conducting expanding the network. Providing periodical reports on context/security situation; Compile and fill the weekly operational and context updates.
- Contributing to the analysis of the political, humanitarian and medical situation of the region. Providing accurate actor and stake holder mapping, group profiling and analysis of key actors (Humanitarian actors and AGs);
- Establishing and maintaining external relationships with relevant authorities and stakeholders. Keeping good knowledge of counterparts in different administrations and departments and keeping up to date records of field contacts (other NGOs, UN agencies, local authorities, etc.) verifying that they are easily accessible, in order to facilitate contacts and meetings
- Support HoM/PC, upon specific request, on negotiation of access and promotion of Humanitarian and organization’s principles
- At the request of the Mission team, assisting or representing the organization on meetings (NGOs, official bodies and administrations, etc.) and preparing full report after each visit/meeting
- At the request of the HoM/PC, preparing and conducting an information briefing, focusing on the country context operational and cultural aspects for International Regional and Relocated Staff
- Translating sensitive documents and acting as an interpreter when needed. Writing letters and correspondences with officials and partners and preparing reports, internal memos and formal requests.
- Performing tasks delegated ad hoc by the Head of Mission/ PC
- Complete other ad-hoc reporting tasks
- Essential - University degree in political sciences, business administration
- Essential - Essential 2 years previous experience in similar relevant position job
- Essential - Strong understanding of the workings of the Syria/Turkey context;
- Essential - Computer literacy
- Essential - Good analytical skills, at ease with figures and economics data
- Essential - Excellent communication and diplomatic skills, including writing skills
- English and Turkish essential, Arabic advantageous
- People Management and Development L2
- Commitment to Principles L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L3
- Results and Quality Orientation L3
- Teamwork and Cooperation L3
How To Apply
- Interested candidates who meet the above mentioned qualifications should submit APPLICATION FORM the by uploading English CV and Cover Letter outlining their interest for the position no later than January 20, 2022.
- The applications received after the closing date will not be given any consideration.
- Only short-listed candidates whose applications fulfil the required criteria will be contacted for interview.
- Applications by phone will not be accepted.