The Head of Operations provides leadership, direction, and management of all Program Support functions which includes Logistics/Procurement, Administration, HR, Security, Media and Information Technology for WATAN. A significant part of the O’s responsibility is the oversight of the program support activities to reduce risk and ensure compliance with the donor, WATAN and accepted practices in these areas.
#1: Senior Management:
As a member of the Senior Management team, contribute substantively to the following:
• Assist in setting the strategic direction of the Country Office and achieving its vision and purpose.
• Participate in the development of the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and the achievement of
• Lead the development and revision of program support policies, procedures, and systems.
• Be a role model for all staff by exemplifying WATAN’s values and providing leadership.
#2: HR Management:
Supervise the HR department through three functions (Admin – Recruitment –Capacity building)
• Ensure completing the monthly goals and annual plans of the Dept.
• Provide the necessary support to HR regarding the process and operations system upgrade.
• Review and approve the new policies and procedures prepared by HR manager.
• Ensure that all contracts or any obligations are documented with zero legal exposure.
DocuSign Envelope ID: D990FBCC-A31F-4C7D-8FEB-9896EE32EA6A
• Review the annual plans for the capacity building of WATAN staff and supervise the
implementation of it.
#3: Procurement Management:
• Support with the management of the entire process in the planning of procurement activities,
ensuring effectively functioning processes to avoid costly delays;
• Ensure effective lines of communication between the Project/Program Managers and the
procurement team to ensure priority requirements, timely delivery of goods, works, and
services using the WATAN procurement procedures and guidelines:
• Ensure full compliance of procurement activities with the WATAN’s Procurement Manual,
• Implement effective internal control, proper design, and functioning of a client-oriented
procurement management system for projects and related reporting requirements;
• Ensure effective use of internal Standard Operating Procedures in Procurement, control of
workflows, continuous business monitoring and improvements in systems and processes;
• Review and sign on all Summary of Bid Analysis (SBA) ensuring that the products or services
are of high quality with reasonable prices including the preparation of a clear justification for
• Review weekly, monthly and quarterly procurement status report for all purchases and share
Offline Report with SMT and all Project Managers on a Monthly basis;
• Promote a zero-tolerance for violations of procurement policies and procedures;
• Making sure that all the sections within the procurement function work effectively and
• Maintain an up to date Authority Signatory Limit (ASL)
#4: Support management to the IT functions, with the support of the Media:
• Supervise information technology and computer systems, plan, organize, control and evaluate IT and
electronic data operations;
• Review the activities of design, develop, implement and coordinate systems, policies, and
procedures, ensure the security of data, network access, and backup systems;
• introduction of new services, evaluating risks to the integrity and safety of the IT
• Lead, manage and direct the team to support all aspects of the automation Support Service,
taking operational responsibility for the team,
• Supervise the Media team with the following functions (Advocacy -WATAN visual identity-
Events – Media products).
• Review the annual plans and approve the implementation of advocacy campaigns.
• Ensure publishing media products in alignment with the approved plan.
#5: Security Management:
• Supervise the Safety and security dept regarding (reporting – Access-emergency – risk)
• Prepare the risk register for the organization and the updated in monthly basis.
• Supervise the cross-border operation and approve the policies and procedures.
• Ensure safe access to all programs to operation area.
• Ensure the evacuation plan for all areas are in place.
- Minimum 5 years professional and proven experience leading, managing, and implementing events
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or any other related major
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, remote management, and planning skills.
- High managerial skills
- Proficiency in English and Arabic / Turkish is preferred.
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to WATAN, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. WATAN is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
WATAN provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status.
WATAN employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside WATAN.
Applications are strongly encouraged from female candidate.
Applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis. WATAN reserves the right to close this advert before the confirmed closing date when we are in receipt of sufficient applications.