The Head of Operations provides leadership, direction, and management of all Program Support functions which includes Procurement, Administration, Finance, HR, security, Media and Information Technology (ICT) for WATAN. A significant part of the O’s responsibility is the oversight of the program support activities to reduce risk and ensure compliance with donors, Watan and accepted practices in these areas.
As a member of the Senior Management team, contribute substantively to the following:
- Assist in setting the strategic direction of the Country Office and achieving its vision and purpose.
- Participate in the development of the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and the achievement of annual objectives.
- Lead the development and revision of program support policies, procedures, and systems.
- Be a role model for all staff by exemplifying WATAN’s values and providing leadership.
Ensure the following is performed efficiently and effectively:
- Supervise the HR department through three functions (Admin – Recruitment –Capacity building).
- Ensure completing the monthly goals and annual plans of the Dept.
- Provide the necessary support to HR regarding the process and operations system upgrade.
- Review and approve the new policies and procedures prepared by HR manager.
- Ensure that all contracts or any obligations are documented with zero legal exposure.
- Review the annual plans for the capacity building of WATAN staff and supervise the implementation of it.
- Support with the management of the entire process in the planning of procurement activities, ensuring effectively functioning processes to avoid costly delays
- Ensure effective lines of communication between the Project/Program Managers and the procurement team to ensure priority requirements, timely delivery of goods, works, and services using the WATAN procurement procedures and guidelines
- Ensure full compliance of procurement activities with the WATAN’s Procurement Manual, Donor’s Regulations
- Implement effective internal control, proper design, and functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system for projects and related reporting requirements
- Ensure effective use of internal Standard Operating Procedures in Procurement, control of workflows, continuous business monitoring and improvements in systems and processes
- Review and sign on all Summary of Bid Analysis (SBA) ensuring that the products or services are of high quality with reasonable prices including the preparation of a clear justification for vendor selection
- Review weekly, monthly and quarterly procurement status report for all purchases and share Offline Report with SMT and all Project Managers on a Monthly basis
- Promote a zero-tolerance for violations of procurement policies and procedures
- Making sure that all the sections within the procurement function work effectively and efficiently
- Maintain an up to date Authority Signatory Limit (ASL)
Support management to the IT functions, with the support of the Media:
- Supervise information technology and computer systems, plan, organize, control and evaluate IT and electronic data operations.
- Review the activities of design, develop, implement and coordinate systems, policies, and procedures, ensure the security of data, network access, and backup systems.
- Introduction of new services, evaluating risks to the integrity and safety of the IT infrastructure.
- Lead, manage and direct the team to support all aspects of the automation Support Service, taking operational responsibility for the team.
- Supervise the Media team with the following functions (Advocacy -WATAN visual identity- Events – Media products).
- Review the annual plans and approve the implementation of advocacy campaigns.
- Ensure publishing media products in alignment with the approved plan.
- Supervise the Finance department regarding the following functions (Accounting – Budgeting -Treasury- Financial planning).
- Participate in preparation of the annual budget with the finance manager and budget controller.
- Review the execution of the ongoing project in monthly basis and ensure all on track and tack the required discussions with the SMT.
- Approve the budget proposals for any call and ensure the cost is comply with donor regulation and WATAN needs.
- Approve the annual reports and financial statements of WATAN.
- Dealing with external auditors and ensure all external reports submitted on time for the external parties (Donors- Partners- Auditors – Government buddies).
- Maintain the relations with the donors and partners and ensure the satisfaction in the communication.
- Supervise the Safety and security dept regarding (reporting – Access-emergency – risk).
- Prepare the risk register for the organization and the updated in monthly basis.
- Supervise the cross-border operation and approve the policies and procedures.
- Ensure safe access to all programs to operation area.
- Ensure the evacuation plan for all areas are in place.