Post Title: Head Of Project
Organization: Welthungerhilfe (WHH)
Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Benefits: Competitive Package
Duration: 6 months (2 months probation period)
Application Closure Date: 06.12.2019
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Welthungerhilfe is a private, non-profit-making, politically independent and non-denominational organization that supports people living in deprivation and poverty, irrespective of the color of their skin, their religious beliefs or their worldview. WHH is working in the fields of development cooperation and humanitarian aid, relief aid, rehabilitation and reconstruction.
WHH implements projects in Turkey assisting Syrians under Temporary Protection in their various needs, ranging from the provision of basic needs requirements through cash transfer up to protection related interventions and livelihoods activities. WHH receives funds from its donors for its projects. Whenever necessary funds are provided the duration of the announced post may be extended, if enough fund cannot be found, the activities will stop completely or partially before the envisaged date and the employment contract shall be terminated.
1. Objectives of the position
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of six months. There are good prospects for an extension within the project period. The place of work will be Gaziantep, Turkey. Taking the security situation into account, travel to A’zaz may be needed.
As Head of Project, you are responsible for the implementation and coordination of the activities of Welthungerhilfe, in accordance with the framework specified as regards content, financing and timescales. The aims of the job are to manage and implement the project on the basis of specified directives in terms of content, schedule and budget. The project is carried out in accordance with Welthungerhilfe standards and the directives/provisions of the co-financer and duly reporting to Welthungerhilfe's Regional /Country Office.
2. Duties and area of responsibility
2.1. Duties with own area of responsibility
- The Head of Project carries out the project according to the co-financing agreement and Welthungerhilfe's standards for the implementation of projects.
- The Head of Project is responsible for modifying and continuing project planning and the project budget.
- He/she is responsible for correctly and duly completing and signing end-of-month accounts.
- He/she is responsible for supervising the project partners, their implementation and expenditures and follows up on according capacity building plans
- He/she is responsible for project purchases according to the approved procurement budget.
- When purchases are made locally, the Head of Project is responsible for observing internal or external procurement directives.
- He/she is responsible for carrying out regular petty cash controls.
- He/she is responsible for the financial report (final report).
- He/she prepares status reports according to Welthungerhilfe standards or the rules of donors.
- He/she is responsible for bringing the project to an orderly conclusion.
- He/she is responsible for the security of staff involved in the project and for the implementation of the security plan.
2.2 Duties without own area of responsibility
- Prepares and supervises visits (, staff from Head Office, representatives of co-financers, etc.)
- Performs other tasks which arise during the course of an assignment in the country.
2.3 Activities and duties of the position (not of relevance to the assessment)
- He/she develops the project management system of the above mentioned project in WHH project areas and also supervises the activities in the project areas.
- He/she attends and advocates (in consultation with CD, the Alliance 2015 partners and the WHH Country Team) in relevant UN/NGO Cluster Meetings
- Managing activities/programmes and projects in A’zaz
- Continue close cooperation with respective departments at HQ to further develop the sector strategy of FSL, especially agriculture not only in country but for the organization as a whole. He/she stays in close cooperation with WHH Country
- Team, and improves linkages with national organizations/NGOs
- He/she assists in further programme and project development (Donor Acquisition) in consultation with the Programme Department and CD
- Identification and examination of new project ideas
- Recruitment and mentoring of local staff members. When needed, taking disciplinary measures about employees on be half of legal employer (including termination of employment contracts).
3.1. Knowledge/ Qualifications
• A university/university of applied sciences degree in agricultural engineering, agronomy or a comparable specialised qualification suitable to the position
• Several years of project and leadership experience for international (aid) organisations, preferably cross-border projects
• Experience in working closely remote team
• Knowledge/experience regarding the sectors FSL (agriculture), and early recovery
• Very good analytical skills for evaluating the humanitarian and security-related situation
• A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to travel to areas with volatile local conditions
• Coordination and organisational skills, including ability to work under pressure
• Co-operation and team skills
• Very good oral and written command of English, command of Arabic or Turkish is an asset
2. Social skills
- Social skills
- Cooperates with others when goals are mainly the same
- Intercultural competence
3. Leadership skills
Disciplinary leadership of staff in several projects
Largely independent performance of task within a given task-related scope of action and decision-making; alternative courses of action are possible.
The applicants should submit a letter of motivation and CV in English to gelbasla.com by 12.12.2019 at the latest. CV should include information about education, qualifications, professional experience and professional references.
A cover letter must include salary expectations.
Welthungerhilfe reserves the right to fill in the position before the deadline due to urgency.