Health & Nutrition Program Officer (Ref: BO-TR-PR1201)
|Nutrition and Health Officer||Non-profit|
|İngilizce (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate)|
Bahar Organization is an independent non-profit and non-governmental organization that provides humanitarian aid to vulnerable people without any discrimination in all its forms. BO is operating to respond to the needs and basic requirements of the humanitarian crisis in Syria in the middle of the affected communities caused by the conflict the basic principles of BO’s activities are to enhance the basic living standards of the affected population by delivering humanitarian aid based on the needs.
Purpose of position
This position aims to ensure quality implementation of the health and nutrition components of the program at the field level.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the mission, vision, and core values of Bahar.
- Complies with Bahar policies and practices with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities, and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Participates in the mapping exercise of health and nutrition services provided by Bahar.
- Ensures that all project implementation sites have all the required inputs to enable them to implement a quality program.
- Ensures all facilities/MCs have adequate medications and medical supplies to run activities smoothly.
- Conducts supportive supervision of fixed and mobile health and nutrition activities using a supervision checklist constantly, including on-the-job training on the findings of supervision.
- Compiles comprehensive training reports.
- Supports Assessing knowledge gaps amongst field staff and stakeholders, supports and conducts training to enhance the knowledge and skills of staff and partners, including CHW on maternal, IYCF, and other health/ nutrition concepts related to the project.
- Supports the field teams in conducting home visits, nutrition screening, IYCF counseling, defaulter tracing, and other tasks.
- Ensures accurate department-related data is collected and submitted on time.
- Compiles quality activity reports, including supervision reports, biweekly.
- Participates in designing and producing appropriate maternal, infant, and young child feeding messages for promoting behavior change.
- Compiles program reports (training reports, Biweekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports) as required and ensures timely submission.
- Performs any other duties as delegated by the Health & Nutrition Coordinator.
Academic Qualification/s and Professional Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related medical field.
- 1-2 years of NGO experience in the area of nutrition programming; experience in both health and nutrition will be an added advantage.
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills; comfortable engaging in dialogue with various actors.
- Experience in health and/or nutrition projects.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good computer skills – Microsoft word, PowerPoint and excel.
- Experience in engaging the community and community mobilization.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Willingness to travel to project areas within the north of Syria.
Safeguarding & Ethics:
Bahar is committed to ensuring that all individuals we come into contact with through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants, or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by the UN Secretary-General and IASC. We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and adhere to the Bahar Code of Conduct Policies and values at all times. Team members are required to complete mandatory Code of Conduct e-learning courses upon hire and on an annual basis.
Due to the urgency to fill this role, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Kindly note that the position will be filled before the vacancy announcement is closed; therefore, early applications are encouraged.