The Health officer is responsible for the coordination and supervision mechanism of the tele-health projects in Syria in line with other projects to ensure the success and achievement of the desired objectives.
Coordination and Reporting of Tele-Health Service:
- Represent WATAN foundation in the meetings, workshops, and other related events in Turkey or outside Turkey.
- Attend the meetings related to the position, or any meeting as per the line manager request.
- Communicate and coordinate with all stakeholders, including the cluster coordinator and partners to update them about any new activities or changed plans.
- Cooperate with other departments to make sure that they fulfill their tasks related to the project, especially documentation and finance report.
- Revise the project reports from all departments, including finance, MEAL, HR and logistics, and act according to the reports’ recommendations, especially MEAL reports.
- Prepare and submit periodic reports of project progress to the direct manager and donor.
- Receive the reports of implementation from field managers, revise them and discuss them to the program's manager.
Management and Support Tele-health Services:
- Supervise and manage the field health teams that are directly related to the project.
- Supervise and manage the progress of the project according to a specific work plan.
- Modify the implementation plan of the project for any logical or technical reason.
- Supervise the field health coordinators and health managers of the project directly (line manager), unless there is any change according to pre-informed HR structuring.
- Field visits considering the security situation and reports.
- Determine any specific need of capacity building related to the position and the positions supervised by the health officer and inform the Programs Manager.
- Provide training and capacity building sessions as per his/her skills and abilities, and education background (the method to be discussed with the Programs Manager).
- If necessary and possible, provide the technical support to the team of the project in Syria.
- Minimum Required: Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmaceutics, Health Management or related fields
- Minimum Required: 2 years professional and proven experience leading, managing, coordinating, and implementing humanitarian projects
- Preferred: non-profit organization experience
- Strong written and spoken English and Arabic
- Very good in Microsoft Office (word and excel).
- Good team worker and has good communication skills.
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to WATAN, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. WATAN is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
WATAN provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status.
WATAN employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside WATAN.
Applications are strongly encouraged from female candidate.
Applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis. WATAN reserves the right to close this advert before the confirmed closing date when we are in receipt of sufficient applications.