Malteser International, the worldwide relief agency of the Order of Malta for humanitarian aid, works in more than 20 countries in Africa, Asia and the Americas for people in need, regardless of their religion, origin or political affiliation. Its mission is to provide emergency relief as well as to implement rehabilitation measures and to facilitate the link between emergency relief and sustainable development. Christian values and the humanitarian principles of impartiality and independence form the basis of its work in the following areas: Relief, Reconstruction & Rehabilitation; Health and Nutrition; Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH); Livelihood and Social Programs as well as Disaster Risk Reduction.
Malteser International responds to the humanitarian crisis created by the conflict inside Syria since 2012. Programs are implemented in Iraq, Lebanon, Syria and Turkey.
In support of our work in Turkey / Syria, Malteser International is looking for a
As a Health Officer based in Gaziantep and Kilis you will support the management of mainly health related partner implemented projects in NW Syria and Turkey, under the guidance and supervision of the Malteser International Program Advisor.
- Analyze and revise the project reports from all partners, in getting clarification on remaining questions and following up on the report’s recommendations, concentrating mainly on the statistical and M&E reports
- Support in preparation of project progress reports to the direct manager and HQ
- Provide supervision of the progress of the health projects according to a specific work plan
- Provide active contribution in the modification of the implementation plan of the projects for any logical or technical reason
- Perform field visits for monitoring purposes to the projects sites if the safety and security conditions allow
- Contribute and potentially participate in needs assessments and actively support the development of response plans
- Manage the data validation, and assist in analyzing the partner’s progress reports
- Assist in development of quantitative and qualitative models to assess opportunities to improve both the efficiency and the effectiveness of interventions in mainly health related projects
- In close alignment with the supervisor, communicate and coordinate with all stakeholders, and partners in any related coordination activity
- Cooperate with other departments to accomplish the activity plan or the tasks related to the project, especially documentation and finance reports
- Provide recommendations on any specific need for capacity strengthening related to technical health aspects for the projects staff or other
- Provide training and capacity strengthening sessions as per his/her skills and abilities; in addition, provide on the job training and support for focal points at partners
- Represent Malteser International in the meetings, workshops, and other related events in close alignment with the line manager
- Bachelor’s degree in medicine or another related field
- Minimum 3 years of professional and proven experience implementing humanitarian projects
- Experience in managing field activities through remote management
- Fluent in English language, knowledge of Arabic would be an advantage
- Honest, transparent and hard-working professional with a spirit of working as a team
- Good command of excel, word, and other MS office applications
- Good report writing skills
- Turkish Citizen
- Start Date: as soon as possible
- Duty Station: Gaziantep and Kilis, Turkey
- Duration of contract: 1 year with probationary period as per Turkish Labor Law
- Salary according to qualification and experience, including staff benefits (SGK)
Please complete the form of Personal Data Consent Form For Candidates” together with your application. Note that without filling Personal Data Consent Form For Candidates, we are not able to process further your application.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION, PLEASE APPLY ONLINE AT OUR JOB PORTAL: https://bit.ly/3yplYkA Please complete the form of “Personal Data Consent Form For Candidates” together with your application. Note that without filling Personal Data Consent Form For Candidates, we are not able to process further your application.
Kindly submit your application (CV, letter of motivation, copies of diplomas and three professional references) by 23rd July 2021
Malteser International Turkey
Necmettin Erbakan Mahallesi Sabuncu Sok. No:2/20
We provide emergency relief in crises such as natural disasters, epidemics, or armed conflicts. During acute crises, teams from Malteser International are on the ground as soon as possible to provide emergency medical care, and ensure the supply of food and other essential aid materials as needed. Supporting the health of the person in an integrated way is the central aim of our work.