Position: Program / Health officer
Reports to: Health /Program Coordinator
Duration: 12 Months
About RI: Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in roughly 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty. Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Support the Health Program Coordinator and field-based health staff in relation to implementing RI’s Health Programs inside Syria. This includes liaising with field health staff on technical,administrative and monitoring issues. Furthermore, to support the Health Program Coordinator with routine administrative tasks by communicating the needs identified in the field. Moreover, ensure infection control procedures by integrating health with WASH activities in program design, planning and implementation and evaluation of program/project activities, in support of achievement of program goals and objectives
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide support to health and WASH activities under program conducted in the health facilities and assist the Health Program Coordinator with routine duties.
2. Provide summarized weekly reports to the Health Program Coordinator,including implementation progress, challenges and identified needs/support.
3. Assist with area level surveys, and support survey teams during baseline and end line assessments.
4. Participate and assist in ensuring the quality control of health facilities, and the implementation of protocols.
5. Assisting in emergency response to disease outbreaks,displacing, and facilities evacuation, as needed.
6. Translate data as required.
7. Support in ensuring infection control procedures are in place and implemented correctly by integrating health with WASH activities (water treatment plan, medical waste management).
8. Under the supervision of the Health Coordinator, contribute to monitoring, evaluating and documenting progress of health and WASH program implementation against indicators.
9. As assigned by the line manager, to participate in NGO sector coordination clusters, meetings and working groups, and identify areas for coordination and collaboration.
10. Provide inputs and formulation for new proposals and projects and participates in the preparation of draft project documents with focus on ensuring the integration of health and WASH in the projects’ design and activities.
11. Regular monitoring of the WASH in health care facilities’ activities and implementation of IPC protocols through contact with Syria based WASH staff.
Qualifications & Requirements:
Qualifications & Requirements:
· Medical graduate preferably with post-graduation inpublic health, WASH or engineering-related field, social work or another related field.
· Must have at least 2 years’ experience working with INGOs in humanitarian or development contexts.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Fluency in English and Arabic is required; Turkish will be an asset.
· Excellent time management skills and resourcefulness with strong attention to detail.
· Excellent analytical skills.
· Capable of working both individually and as part of a team.
· Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and stressful environment.
· Able to analyze and interpret data and to track performance against program indicators.
· Skilled in Microsoft Office.
· We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and operational independence.
· We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
· We value
o Transparency and accountability
o Agility and innovation
All Relief International members (staff, volunteers and interns) are committed to the RI policies such as, RI Code of Conduct,Child Protection Policy, Reporting Conflict of Interest, Reporting Misconduct,Reporting Sexual Exploitation and Abuse. All new comers are expected to adhere to all these policies.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with position.
HOW TO APPLY:
In case you meet the requirements and that you are interested in the position, please send your CV and Cover letter in English in addition to three professional references To email@example.com before December 20, 2018 stating in the subject “Health Program Officer“. Please note that the position may be filled before the deadline of submission of applications.
All candidates must be eligible to work in Turkey. and have Turkish Citizenship.