The Health Manager is responsible for the coordination and supervision mechanism of the health projects in Turkey and Syria in line with other projects to ensure the success and achievement of the desired objectives.
Coordination and reporting:
- Represent WATAN foundation in the meetings, workshops, and other related events in Turkey or outside Turkey.
- Attend the meetings related to the position, or any meeting as per the line manager's request.
- Communicate and coordinate with all stakeholders, including the cluster coordinator and partners to update them about any new activities or changed plans.
- Cooperate with other departments to make sure that they fulfill their tasks related to the project, especially documentation and finance reports.
- Revise the project reports from all departments, including finance, MEAL, HR, and logistics, and act according to the reports’ recommendations, especially MEAL reports.
- Prepare and submit periodic reports of project progress to the direct manager and donor.
- Receive the reports of implementation from field managers, revise them and discuss them to the program's manager.
Management and support:
- Supervise and manage the field health teams that are directly related to the project.
- Supervise and manage the progress of the project according to a specific work plan.
- Modify the implementation plan of the project for any logical or technical reason.
- Supervise the field health coordinators unless there is any change according to pre-informed HR structuring.
- Field visits considering the security situation and reports.
- Determine any specific need for capacity building related to the position and the positions supervised by the health manager and inform the Program Manager.
- Provide training and capacity building sessions as per his/her skills and abilities, and education background (the method to be discussed with the Programs Manager).
- If necessary and possible, provide the technical support to the team of the project in Turkey and Syria.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Medicine, Dentistry, pharmaceutics, or any related field. Master’s degree preferred
- Fluent in Arabic & English (strong written and verbal skills)
- Experience working in the Syrian context and/or a strong demonstrated understanding of the country context and the region
- Leadership experience managing Health Projects or a similar role in the relevant humanitarian and development sectors.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in Health Projects Management
- Travel availability: frequent visits to the field
- PMP certified
- Largely independent performance of tasks within a given task-related scope of action and decision-making; alternative courses of action are possible.
- Disciplinary leadership of staff in several projects
- Experience with data management, especially in the analysis of large sets of data and in data illustration
- Experience with remote management
- Comprehensive understanding of the Syrian conflict and context
- Competence with MS Office applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Great presentation and communication skills
- Strong management skills
- Reporting skills
- Strong knowledge in budgeting.
- Ability to build the capacity of the team
- Professional, motivated, open, creative, responsible, flexible, culturally sensitive.
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to WATAN, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. WATAN is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
WATAN expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. WATAN employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside WATAN.
Applications are strongly encouraged from female candidate
How to apply
- All interested candidates in the position who meet the requirements, please click on the link to apply: https://watan.foundation/Vacancies/Jobs_Details/3402?lang=en
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.