The Purpose of Position:
The Health Projects Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring that all aspects of the assigned health projects management are achieved in a timely, appropriate and effective manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring appropriate implementation of the projects activities in line with the relating awards specifications including the work plans, log-fames, budgets and reporting requirements.
- Following up closely with the field and Turkey-based staff in terms of micro-management over the implementation of the planned activities, the identification of the regular and outstanding implementation needs and challenges and the ways to address them appropriately.
- Ensuring sufficient accountability measures are established and maintained toward the affected population through promoting their engagement and ability to provide feedbacks about the implemented interventions, and follow up on that with the MEAL department and the other relevant colleagues accordingly.
- Maintaining the databases of the beneficiaries and service provision records relevant to the managed awards.
- Follow up and work in a collaborative manner with the relevant colleagues at the supporting departments (Finance, supply chain, human resources and MEAL) to ensure:
- Conduction of projects kick-off and close-out meetings.
- Smooth, adequate, timely and quality implementation of the projects activities.
- Ensuring staffing requirements and logistical supplies needed for the implementation are set in place and maintained in accordance with the individual awards specifications.
- Quality fulfillment of the reporting measures (Including MEAL and financial reports, indicator tracking tables, monthly BvAs ...etc.).
- Appropriate supporting documentations needed to the satisfaction of the individual awards requirements.
- Ensuring quality and timely narrative reporting according to the adopted schedules for the individual awards.
- Leading the project revision processes as needed.
- Whenever required, conducting field visits to the sites of implementation for ensuring effective conduction of planned activities.
- Regularly updating the Head of Programs about the progress in terms of the managed awards.
- Representing the organization in the Health Coordinator internal and external meetings in coordination with/ upon request of the Head of Programs.
- Any other duties assigned by the Head of Programs.
Medical- oriented university degree.
2 years of successful health project management experience in a I/NGO setting.
Demonstrated capacity of managing awards granted by different institutional donors, particularly the UN-OCHA and the WHO.
Familiarity with the health situation across North-West Syria.
Arabic native speaker with fluency in English. Turkish will be an assist.
Good Computer Skills (Particularly in Word and Excel).
Must be Turkish Citizen
Ability to prioritize and meet multiple time-bound schedules.
leading, analyzing and problem solving abilities.
Well-developed organizational and planning capabilities.
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Punctuality and respect for rules and procedures.
The position will be based in Turkey, with frequent visits to the areas of implementation inside Syria when required.
Human Appeal international (HA) is a humanitarian, non-governmental and non-profit organisation that works in 25 countries around the world since 1991.
Since 2013 Human Appeal has set up an office in Turkey Syria mission. Human Appeal is an INGO that provides emergency aid and services to people affected by the conflict in Syrıa. Human Appeal works in a variety of sectors which include; food and livelihood, WASH, protection, shelter, and others. In a short space of time.