Doctors Worldwide Turkey is looking for a Health Promoter for the WHO supported Project for Refugee Health Centres.
Doctors Worldwide Turkey is an international humanitarian aid organization who serves medical relief to communities in need through the provision of sustainable medical relief and health-based development programs over 40 countries worldwide.
Doctors Worldwide Turkey will support WHO Refugee Health Program to improve access to health services for Syrian refugees by implementing operations and outreach activities in Istanbul, Gaziantep and Şanlıurfa.
Health Promoter will be responsible for health promotion activities such as plan and development of ways to help people improve and manage their health.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deciding on the main health-related problems according to needs;
- Deciding on what kind of health-education session will be provided in the clinic;
- Designing, managing and promoting health improvement activities;
- Raising awareness of good health through meetings and workshops;
- Giving advice to the members of a particular community or social group;
- Keeping up-to-date with current health promotion trends;
- Supporting medical staff with the ways and approaches which are used to promote health;
- Making presentations when it is needed;
- The health promoter is the facilitator for all health promotion sessions (individual/group sessions) or mass health promotion (schools or camps);
- Health promoter will also provide: training and supporting materials such as brochures according to needs; give advice to the beneficiaries related to health behavior, chronic diseases, epidemic diseases, etc.;
- Health promoter may receive referred cases from Doctors/Nurses to do individual sessions;
- Responsible on the preparation of session material; the technical content of the material will be provided according to needs of the population as well as suggestions of medical staff;
- Implement any other activity requested by administration;
- Prepare needed daily, monthly and periodically report as requested from the admin team;
- Perform outreach activities when requested;
- Teamwork: To develop and promote effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results;
- Delivering results: To produce and deliver quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; the candidate is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes;
- Managing and sharing knowledge: Continuously seek to learn, share knowledge and be innovative;
- Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work;
- Communication: Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way;
All DWWT staff members must abide by and demonstrate three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: Respect and promote individual and cultural
differences; encourage diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: Maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner
consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrate the ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in related field;
- Knowledge of Arabic is mandatory (oral and written), Turkish and English is a plus;
- Strong interpersonal relation and communication skills;
- Strong presentation skills;
- Strong organisational capacity and initiative-taking is expected;
- Experience in health promotion or related field with at least 2 years of experience in NGO’s;
- Willing to work in challenging conditions;
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.