The Association for Assistance, Solidarity and Support with Refugees and Asylum Seekers (MSYD) has been working as an independent non-governmental and humanitarian aid organization in order to identify the needs and improve the living conditions of people and communities affected by natural disasters and man-made conflicts in Istanbul since 2015.
Our association has the vision of "establishing a dignified and equal life for everyone by starting to build lives with the slogan of "share the kindness" for refugees and related persons affected by natural and/or man-made disasters.
MSYD, together with the affected population, recognizes, protects, develops and represents the importance of the concept of solidarity in the field, and is always determined to reflect the unique value of any practice knitted between all the connotations of the concept of solidarity with the affected population groups.
MSYD also closely monitors current and potential trends, which exclude girls, women and people with disabilities in certain positions, at local, national and global levels.. It attaches strategic importance to preventive, sensitive and gender equality-based methods in the activities carried out in line with the unmet needs of these population groups.
Our association aims to equip its institutional structure to meet the emerging needs of refugees and related people, to play a pro-active role in all stages of determining the needs of the groups we serve, to develop integrated and combined project approaches and to implement humanitarian aid projects, to evaluate the feedback from the communities we serve, and to evaluate the institutional needs of the groups we serve.It has the mission of functionalizing it as an important impulse in the way it functions and provides services.
In this framework, the principles of non-discrimination, transparency, impartiality, accountability and gender equality are adopted as the founding principles of MSYD in the context of national legislation and international humanitarian aid standards.
In this general context, it is planned to carry out studies within the framework of emergency action plans in order to meet the urgent and priority basic needs of the target groups immediately after the crisis developments, and then to implement projects to meet special and specific needs in the axis of reconstruction and rehabilitation works.
MSYD attaches importance to reflecting its technical expertise and significant experience in the field of humanitarian aid to every layer of project implementation. As a principle and value, MSYD produces permanent solutions for different social groups (girls, women, youth, adults, disabled people, etc.). It also determines its strategic plans and program-specific activities to develop potential and alternative service approaches based on gender equality.
*As MSYD, we support the applications of qualified female candidates in this field.
- Scope of Work and Basic Job Duties
To establish, develop and assist in the development of a strategic and integrated capacity building plan for MSYD operations;
- Developing local partners' technical and corporate departments through successful monitoring and evaluation;
- Compiling and updating high-quality resources for capacity building within and outside of MSYD;
- Identify, develop and promote capacity-building tools and guidelines that help MSYD partners achieve the greatest possible impact, encourage and mobilize growth in people;
- Advising and mentoring the development of best practices for capacity building standards and suggesting how to disseminate good practice;
- Working closely with other teams (Finance, Logistics, MEAL and Program) to ensure consistent preparation of capacity building activities, tools and guidelines;
- Performing other duties as required
- Administrative Duties
- Working with field teams and logistics to ensure program delivery according to agreed-upon work plans / timelines to ensure program budgets are properly implemented;
- Coordinating the planning and follow-up of logistics and administrative arrangements. Ensuring an efficient use of resources and ensuring close cooperation between the project team and all relevant stakeholders;
- Assisting the logistics team with office maintenance, program requirements, and organizational needs.
- General management of cases referred to HSNF
- Participate in the weekly HSNF committee to evaluate health special needs cases and identify personalized interventions.
- Ensuring quality implementation of HSNF, including liaising with various Turkish Healthcare providers to facilitate access to beneficiaries.
- Trace filing of applications to HSNF and all cases to closing cases.
- Prepare procurement plans for HSNF based on cases.
- Contribute to regular reporting on achievements and challenges related to the HSNF component of various projects.
- Participate in facilitating and coordinating activities within the team and with other departments
- Training and Capacity Building
- Capacity Building for service providers serving as an entry point for
- Coaching and mentoring support service providers for HSNF service providers
- Working closely with the monitoring team on timely monitoring and evaluation of the Health Special Needs Fund, recommendations and assessments.
- Facilitate qualitative and quantitative monitoring of the project through team meetings, post-support visits, regular reporting and other monitoring tools.
- Participate in the internal evaluation of the program
- Follow up on referral cases and keep records of results
Evaluations and Reporting
- Coordinate with the healthcare team to plan and conduct the necessary assessments to identify new areas of expansion for the Health Special Needs Fund program.
- To direct the production of Health Special Needs Fund reports and to ensure that the information provided is timely and accurate, while ensuring the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- • Ensure that the filling system for medical documents is in place; Assisting internal and external audits during audit visits; to follow their recommendations.
Communication and Coordination:
- Communicate frequently with the Project Manager to ensure program activities and objectives are communicated.
Maintaining open and professional relationships with MSYD team members, developing a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to ensure that staff members work successfully in their positions..
- Ensuring regular and effective communication with Logistics, Finance and all other MSYD team members
- Attending health department coordination meetings.
Ensure that the filling system for medical documents is in place; Assisting internal and external audits during audit visits; to follow their recommendations.