HR & Admin Manager (Emergency Recruitment) - NWS
|Save the Children International||Gaziantep|
|İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced),Türkçe (C2, Level 6, Advanced)|
***Due to the urgency to fill this role, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Kindly note that the position will be filled before the vacancy announcement is closed; therefore, early applications are encouraged.***
The HR & Admin Manager will be expected to provide generalist HR & Admin & Safeguarding support to Northwest Syria Office and dedicated support to partner organizations action to ensure the organization has the right talent to deliver on program goals and effectively service its beneficiaries. The post holder will direct and facilitate the delivery of key HR services and infrastructure in line with the SCI Syria Response Office well-being Action Plans and develop effective training for efficient and effective services at multiple levels. The Human Resource Manager follows up training trackers and scorecards to maximize staffing and performance, the efficiency of work processes, and contain institutional risk.
Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting the country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
Scope of Role:
Reports to: Head of Office – Northwest Syria Area Office
Staff reporting to this post: HR Coordinator, Admin Coordinator, Snr. Safeguarding Officer, HR&Admin Officer, HR&Admin Assistant
Role Dimensions: Regular communication with SRO – Technical Management from HRD
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Human Resources/ Business Management/ Administration or equivalent
• At least 3-5 years of work experience in Human Resources; previous HR experience in INGOs is essential
• At least 1-3 years of work experience in Human Resources as a coordinator/manager is preferable.
• Strong communication (written and spoken), and interpersonal skills in English is essential
• Experience working in remote management set-up is preferable
• Ability to work independently, self-direct or at own initiative
• Good facilitation skills and ability to deliver training and induction
• Ability to work with tight deadlines, and a demanding workload
• Proven skills in handling and advising on complex people management issues
• Experience in working with and supporting multicultural teams
• Ability to travel to area offices for the Syria response office
• Experience in staff capacity building
• Certification/accreditation in Human Resources is preferable.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
HUMAN RESOURCES (50%)
• Manages area office operations ensuring compliance with save the children HR rules and regulations
• Lead the entire recruitment cycle, including the recruitment process, advertisement of vacancies, scheduling and conducting interviews, checking candidate references and vetting processes, and collecting new hire documents
• Responsible for implementing the induction programme “Passport to success” in the area office
• Ensure that the SCI performance management process is properly understood by all staff and implemented consistently
• Responsible for staying up to date on local labour laws and effectively managing changes within the project to ensure HR compliance
• Supports and coordinates area office learning and development initiatives and keeps a record of attendance records
• Supports and coordinates area office well-being plan and works closely with the staff wellbeing committee on staff wellbeing issues impacting staff
• Provides oversight on updating personnel files and other related HR documents, including employment agreements, amendments, timesheets, calendar holidays, and leaves.
• Ensure compliant, competitive and cost-effective salaries and benefits packages are in place for the area office staff
• Follow up on staff contractual status and ensure appropriate and timely actions for new and renewals of contracts.
• Work with hiring/line managers to conduct job evaluation, grading and review job profiles as needed
• Co-ordinate internally and externally with other INGO’s on pay and benefits benchmarking exercises
• Responsible for the accuracy of the national payroll process
• Roll out anti-harassment training to ensure these are proactively implemented for a safe working environment for all staff, volunteers and partners
• Provide generalist and operational HR support to line managers across a full range of people management issues
• Responsible for the day to day engagement, trouble shooting and liaison with TCO HR & Admin team
• Undertake clear, strong advocacy in line with safeguarding policies for the Northwest Syria Office and implementing partners including to ensure delivery of mandatory core safeguarding trainings (and refreshers) and workshops to enable staff and partners with key responsibilities to undertake their roles and mainstream safeguarding functions
• Ensure that the tools and knowledge related to safe programming is made available to managers and sector leads for them to be able to cascade safeguarding requirements to their work
• Ensure capacity building of partner safeguarding focal points for them to be able to deliver safeguarding inductions and trainings, manage & undertake investigation, receiving and recording safeguarding reports etc.
• Facilitate the work of safeguarding committees of Northwest Syria Office ensuring that key actions agreed are implemented
• Ensure that all safeguarding concerns are reported effectively and uploaded on the online portal DATIX and proactively followed up to the required standards
• Lead on safeguarding investigations in the Northwest Syria Office, ensuring proper guidance is provided to investigation committees, risks assessments are properly carried in challenging environments and to rigorous timescales and standards
• Ensure proper management of premises (e.g. office, guesthouse) including usage of keys, meeting rooms and facilities
• Ensure proper management of admin services and related payments (e.g. transportation, accommodation, fees, lines)
• Other projects as defined by the Line Manager.
• Be prepared to varying day to day activities and work pattern/hours in humanitarian response situations.
• Position holder may be required to outside of normal duties and working hours during emergency responses.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector at the pay-grade of the position, transportation allowance as per relevant internal policy and 20 days of annual leave per year.
Position holder will be based in Gaziantep, therefore legal right to work in Turkey is necessary at the time of applicaton.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Save the Children is committed to create a truly inclusive, effective and representative organisational culture, encouraging equity and diversity among its employees and eliminating discrimination. Having a diverse profile of employees, different age groups, backgrounds, cultures, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientation etc., including a range of different experiences and capabilities helps us understand, represent and serve children better. Therefore all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children International
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.