Vacancy Notice Number:
6 months Special Short Term Graded Contract (G5)– with possible extension
Deadline of Applications:
26 October 2021
Number of People to be hired
Internal & External Candidates
Under the overall supervision Resource Management Officer (RMO) and direct supervision of HR Officer in Gaziantep, and in close coordination with IOM Ankara Human Resources, the incumbent will be responsible and accountable of providing human resources support to IOM Gaziantep and its two field offices.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide human resources support to IOM Gaziantep and its field offices in Hatay and Sanlıurfa.
- Monitor compliance with HR policies, rules and regulations and make recommendations for resolving sensitive issues and mitigate between staff members in close coordination with HR Officer.
- Act as a focal point to address queries from local authorities regarding the issues related to HR IOM policies.
- Be attentive to staff member grievances and alert senior management accordingly.
- Provide inputs for new procedures to complement or to adapt existing instructions taking into consideration the specific needs of the office and field offices.
- Respond to HR queries from staff and as necessary, refer staff to relevant IOM policy.
- Assist in the administration of the policy relevant to the contract and entitlements
- Maintain personnel files of national staff and HR roster files, as well as files for consultants and hourly/daily staff.
- Maintain and update overtime record/compensatory leave and provide update to staff and give report to supervisors as and when required.
- In coordination with HR team in Ankara and Program Managers (PMs), update the HR module of the IOM Turkey Data Portal relating to staff information and the related organizational chart.
- Verify that all the actions are updated in HR PRISM.
- Prepare contracts for consultants, staff recruited on hourly or daily basis and Request for Payment for staff on hourly or daily contracts, interns and consultants.
- Maintain and update staff database, assist in generating reports related to statistics of staff members and prepare weekly reports on recruitment process.
- Providing assistance in the recruitment process according to IOM recruitment policies including
- Preliminary review of the Terms of Reference (TOR)
- Coordinate the publication of vacancy announcement with IOM Ankara HR, ensuring completeness of required approvals and supporting documents
- Inviting responsible staff to compose the recruitment panel
- Reviewing applications and generating long list
- Assist in finalizing interview protocols
- Schedule interviews
- Participate in the panel interview and assessment of candidates for the positions in general service category
- Conduct reference checks
- Ensure standard forms documenting selection are duly completed
- Support follow-through processes until selected candidate is on board
- Ensure recruitment tracking tool is regularly updated
- Conduct staff orientation and briefing sessions to new staff members on monthly basis; facilitate/organize trainings for consultants and hourly staff.
- Train and guide new/junior staff.
- Provide informal translation as needed.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- University degree in Human Resource Management, Business or Public Administration, Behavioural and Organizational Development Studies, Psychology, Social Science, or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with three years of relevant professional experience; or
- Completed High school degree from an accredited academic institution, with five years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in human resources administration management;
- Proven ability to work independently under minimal supervision; Ability to work effectively and harmoniously within a team;
- Effectively applies knowledge of relevant Human Resources theories and practices, and recognizes their application within existing IOM processes;
- Good English communication skills;
- High level of computer literacy with experience in HR IT systems and applications; working knowledge of SAP an advantage;
- Knowledge of IOM/UN personnel policies and staff rules and regulations an advantage.
- Fluency in English and Turkish is required.
- Working knowledge of Arabic is advantageous.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity:
• Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
• Encourages the inclusion of all team members and stakeholders while demonstrating the ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations.
• Promotes the benefits of diversity; values diverse points of view and demonstrate this in daily work and decision making.
• Challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance in the workplace.
- Integrity and transparency:
• Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
• Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
• Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
• Maintains impartiality and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behaviour.
• Does not abuse one’s position and acts without consideration of personal gain. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
• Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
• Seeks to raise professional standards in self and others through daily work and activities.
• Adapts quickly to change and is decisive and versatile in face of uncertainty.
• Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems and remains calm in stressful situations.
• Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
• Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
• Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a "hands-on" approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
• Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
- Delivering Results:
•Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
• Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
• Manages time and resources efficiently, monitoring progress and making adjustments as necessary.
• Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
- Managing and sharing knowledge:
•Keeps abreast of new developments in own field of competence and creates opportunities for knowledge management initiatives.
• Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
• Puts new learning into practice and draws on diverse sources of ideas and inspiration.
• Contributes to the identification of improvements to work processes and assists in implementing them.
•Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
• Takes ownership of all responsibilities within own role and honours commitments to others and to the Organization.
• Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
• Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
•Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
• Adapts communication to the recipient’s needs, asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
• Encourages others to share their views, using active listening to demonstrate openness and to build understanding of different perspectives.
• Listens carefully and genuinely to the views and positions of others; acts on received information.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Turkey will be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sok. No:24 06610, Çankaya, Ankara Turkey by the end of 26 October 2021.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.
- On-call Interpreter
- HR Intern
- Finance Assistant (Compliance)
- Field Security Assistant (SSAFE)
- Project Assistant (Livelihood)
- Project Assistant (Agriculture)
- National Officer (Protection & Psychosocial)
- On Call Project Assistant (Outreach)
- Project Assistant (Outreach) - re-advertised
- Medical Escort (Physician) – On-call basis
- Medical Escort (Psychiatrist) – On-call basis
- Medical Escort (Nurse) - On-Call Basis
- Data Processing Assistant
- Data Processing Assistant
- Data Processing Assistant
- Data Processing Assistant
- Migration Health Nurse
- Migration Health Nurse
- Project Assistant (Special Education)
- Project Assistant (CBCM)
- Senior Project Assistant (MHPSS)- re-advertised
- Project Assistant (Social Services)
- Project Assistant (Community Support and Social Activities)
- Project Assistant (Education)
- Project Assistant (Vocational Guidance)
- Project Assistant (Health)
- Project Field Coordinator
- Logistics Assistant
- Project Assistant
- Senior Project Assistant (Psychosocial Support)- re-advertised
- National Project Officer (Food Security)
- National Project Officer (Early Recovery and Livelihood)
- Senior Project Assistant (Early Recovery and Livelihood)
- Senior Project Assistant (Food Security)