Position: HR Officer
Duty station: Gaziantep
Line Manager: HR Manager
About People in Need
People in Need’s programs for war-affected Syrian population focus mainly on livelihood/food security, rural rehabilitation and emergency education. PIN operates several programs across North Western Syria (Idlib, Aleppo) with its offices and field staff in Syria. Cross-border operations are managed from Turkey where PIN’s main office is established serving as administrative and logistics support of program implemented directly or through partners in Syria.
He/she will be responsible for implementation of HR procedures within the mission, and effective delivery of HR services. He/she will apply HR policies, rules, and regulations, he/she will maintain a transparent recruitment process, and he/she will ensure the correct administration of the HR documentation. Besides that, he/she will be in charge of contract administration and archiving.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- In coordination with HR Manager administers the recruitment process.
- Prepares the recruitment tools (advertisement, tests, etc.).
- Pre–selects applications, prepares the schedule and structure of the recruitment process and participates in the interviews in country, checks the references, send rejection letters to non-selected candidates, and communicate their acceptance to the selected candidates.
HIRING AND INDUCTION PROCESS
- According to a Hiring and Induction Checklist ensures the induction procedure are being followed, coordinating with relevant departments or staff (such as Logistics, Security, Finance, Programmes).
- Issues the Introductory Training Checklist and ensures employee signs if relevant part of introduction successfully completed.
- Informs new employee about the necessary documents to be submitted for the employment commencement and relevant documents (such as contract, job description etc.) are signed.
- Provides the induction into National Staff Policy, Mission Values, and internal procedures.
- With assistance of HR Manager, prepares monthly payroll.
- Maintains the HR tools (checklist, folders, server, etc.) and keeps them up to date; ensures that National Staff Policy and other important documents are available in relevant language versions.
- Maintains and keeps up dated the mission organigrams on monthly basis.
- Creates personal folders for each staff and ensures all documents are archived according to the Hiring and Induction Checklist.
- Issues and keeps updated the ID cards for staff.
- Annual leave, sick leave, and overtime crosscheck with signed attendance at the end of month. Ensures that overtime approval is properly archived
EVALUAITON, CAPACITY DEVELOPMENT AND TRAINING
- In coordination with the field HR team, tracks the terms of regular evaluation. and Management coordinates the schedule of evaluations.
- Ensures that written outcomes from evaluation are confidentially archived in personal folder.
- When employee leaving, follows the Job termination checklist; together with other departments in coordination with the field HR Team for all clearance procedures.
- Archives the personal folder documents processed.
- If necessary, ensures that Work certificate is provided.
- Contracts administration (verification of approved versus signed contracts, amendments, uploading to ELO and physical archive and control).
- Maintain electronic and hardcopy filling system.
- Assistance on archiving and replacing the original documents coming from field on monthly basis, by cross checking between Navision numbers and the documents from field.
- In coordination with HR Manager, creates new vendors’ cards for employees.
- Other tasks assigned by employee’s Line Manager corresponding to actual needs, and projects.
- Substitute relevant colleagues (fully or partially) during their absence when assigned by employee’s Line Manager.
- Understand and adhere to the National Staff Handbook, Code of Conduct and Key Policies and relevant guidelines
- Minimum bachelor degree.
- 1-2 year experience in HR responsibilities, administrative and support positions.
- 1 year experience in NGO sector work.
- Good IT skills - Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Fluent in English and Arabic. Turkish is an added advantage
- Excellent communication, organization, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize and plan effectively, work independently.